I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is Ronnie our new Doxy. She's about 8 months in the pic. Deb worked a deal to swap training for professional pics. We have permission to post these publicly if you're wondering. NOT a shop dog, Deb'd kill me for thinking it. She's turning into a seriously excellent sports dog though Baxter's still better at nose work.

Frosty The Lucky.

372891329_Ronnie01.jpg.191933b57000fdd4a5729000a9b71779.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here is Axle with his big sister Daisy. She will frequent the smithy unless we are hammering hot steel then she makes herself scarce. Really hates the power hammer. Thought we were going to loose her Saturday but a trip to the vet's emergency clinic, she's doing better now. We thought someone may have poisoned her, but the vet said she probably ate some mushrooms. All the tests indicated the latter and the pills we have to give her are working. She should be back to her old (twelve years) cantankerous self in no time.

04180043.thumb.JPG.f45f43722a09a439734bc2eceaf1f0cb.JPG

• 1 month later...

Grunt and koko, they are the best dogs anyone could ask for!

Grunt is pure black lab and koko is chocolate lab and Rottweiler mix. They are my best and most loyal friends and also a foolproof security system.

I have two kids that I have taught to not go outside without them and for good reason. They would not harm a fly, they don't mess with the pigs, the goats, the cows, the horse and don't even acknowledge the chickens or ducks exist but let a stranger try to approach my kids and they will turn into your worst nightmare, just ask the UPS man who happened to show up when me and my wife were inside and the kids were out! The best part is they both listen better than my kids, That is no joke! But I have to give my wife credit on that one. She is the one who spent the time and trained them. I did what I could (consistency is the key) but I work long hours and don't have the time that it takes to develop the angels we call pets today.

15535632527714665818971481027235.jpg

I like them TheJay, nothing beats dogs for a security system. If I had a daughter I'd manacle her to a Great Pyrenees Mountain dog when ever she went outside. They're gentle giants but they are death incarnate to any threat to their charges.  Our doxie pup would die before she let someone hurt one of her people. 

Did you see the news while ago about the family preparing for a birthday party when one of the neighborhood teens appeared angry about getting caught stealing and started shooting? The family pyr, Zero attacked and died saving the family.  https://youtu.be/WrscjCLLCzk

There was more in a follow up and the kid turned himself in later.

Dogs RULE! I feel for people who don't or can't own a dog.

Frosty The Lucky.

Great Pyrenees are quite lovely creatures.

When i was a kid we raised Norwegian Elkhounds. Pretty good sized dog. We had a big male that was the alpha, I remember him as a great big old fluffy teddy bear, all my aunts, uncles and parents remember him as a vicious beast and the meanest thing on 4 legs. One morning when i was about 2, still in diapers, my parents woke up and i was gone. Them, grand parents, aunts, uncles, etc. set out searchin for me, I was about 1/2 mile up the hollar playing in the creek with that dog. They never had a worry when i was with Poe. 

My dog died this past January, it will be a minute before i get another. 

Thanks Frosty,

I hadent seen that till now, she truly loved her people just like any loved dog would.

Ronnie looks like a sweet little pup, and I'm sure she would, they love us even more than we love them as hard as that is to believe it is the truth.

I'm with you, dogs RULE!

I think that deep down everyone is a dog person, those who think they are not simply haven't had the privilege of meeting there true best friend (the dog that was ment for them)

BillyBones, Sorry to hear about your buddy passing. It can be a hard loss. I haven't had a dog since my buddy Pugsley passed when I was a teenager. Planning on getting our daughter one in a year or two. 

John, They look like they are keeping you warm and well weighed down. :)

Keeping cats fed is a good idea on a couple fronts. Sure we don't want to be nagged as only cats can but it seems when their person dies the cats only hold out about 72 hrs. before deciding if mom won't feed them she'll FEED them. Dogs IIRC will starve for something like 10 days before turning to their people.

Frosty The Lucky.