I Forge Iron

Loss of my son

monstermetal

I don't know how to say this so I'll just say it like it is. When I arrived at the shop this morning I found my oldest son Andrew had taken his life. He is a good kid and a strong man who was liked by everyone who knew him. I wish I understood what he felt I I truly hope he knew his place in my heart. I would welcome your prayer

I'm really sorry you had to find him like that, I'm praying as I type, may God grant you peace in the days and weeks to come. It is so hard to try and understand what brings a man to the point in his life where he wants to end it all. I'm sure he knew in the depths of his heart how much you loved and cared for him, it was just the rest of his life that overcame him. May you come to accept his decision as no reflection of a short coming on your part in his life. Having a son who has been to the brink of taking his own life there comes a time when you realize that at some point they become their own men and no matter how much you love and care for them they will do what they feel necessary. I will be praying for you and his mother for a long long time to come. Jerry

I am so sorry to hear of this Larry! I have a 17 year old son myself and worry that I may suffer as you are one day. I wish that I/we could help them... more. How do we teach the beauty of life? How can we offer HOPE? I wish that I knew as I fear my efforts are inadequate. May God take up our burdens when we fail to carry them.

I am so sorry to hear of this Larry! I have a 17 year old son myself and worry that I may suffer as you are one day. I wish that I/we could help them... more. How do we teach the beauty of life? How can we offer HOPE? I wish that I knew as I fear my efforts are inadequate. May God take up our burdens when we fail to carry them.

Part of what troubles me most about this is the fact that Andrew did not have the typical problems... at 19 most people mistook him for 25.. He was not into drugs or trouble, He was a hard worker and well liked by everyone.... At this point every indication is the biggest factor was a girl... Which I understand love can be tough especially at 19 But he had so much other stuff... He had been down and I missed cry's for help.... He posted on his face book page several times in the last few days that he just wanted to go to sleep and make it go away.... I am so sorry I was not there for him.... I saw him last at 7 last night in the shop.... Id thought I lost my keys and was freaking out and left without telling him I was going... This morning when I went in the shop lights where on, door open and his dog came out to meet me.... And I found him cold and lifeless... I am so sorry I was not there for him....

Words are insufficient to say what my heart feels Larry. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and ask the Goddess,God and Great Spirit to hold you in their arms.
With your permission I will put your family`s name into our healing circle during the full moon ceremony tomorrow evening.
Much love to you and yours Brother.