I Forge Iron

Lost my son

keithgartner

My son Eric has had Nephrotic Syndrome, since he was 18 months old, 1984. In 2001 in a 9 hour operation, that was supposed to take 6 hrs., he recieved my wifes kidney. That transplant lasted about 8 months, then his body rejected it. He was understandibly bitter and would not accept living donors from any of us for a new transplant. Through all this he played bantam and high school football, at the same time he was on the chess team. After high school, though he could have chosen disability, he delivered pizzas for Pizza Hut, and went on to manage that store. after awhile he got a union job at Integram, a seat supplier to the Chrysler plant in Fenton, MO. We know where that went. These were both night jobs because he underwent dyalisis for 6 hrs. every other day.On January 18, 2010. he took his own life, jumping off a bridge over the Missouri River. His body was found 2 months later, this past Thursday, March 18 almost 75 mi. downstream in the Mississippi River. Eric never got close to the top of the transplant list. Please become a donor.

I'm trying to get back to the smithy.....

bless you keith and your family - im so sad for you there can be nothing like losing a child in any circumstance but especially how you lost yours. i will certainly go on the donor list - strangely ive been thinking about it alot recently. He sounds like he was a wonderful boy. love from england.

My condolences on your loss.Our family`s thoughts are with you and yours.

While people are thinking about the donor lists,I know it`s a little more work but if you will also sign up and go thru the preliminary screening(it`s very easy and near painless)to be a bone marrow donor it would help a great many others.
Don`t forget the Red Cross and blood donations too.

Keith,

My heart goes out to you and your family. I know what you are going through. I lost my son, Christopher, May 1, 2005.

I wish there was something I could do or say to ease your pain, but that is not within my power. I will pray that you may find your own kind of peace, in your own way. Most imporantly I will pray for your son, that he may find what he needs until you can be there with him again.

Dan Kaschner

I am so sorry to read this, that is an awful thing to have to go through, many times those who take their own lives don't think about the one's they leave behind.

I will definitely pray for his soul and for you and your family.

I am so sorry.

welder19

Deepest condolences to you and your family.
My own daughter was born with disabilities and needed eye surgery at five weeks and heart surgery at seven months, they were probably the worst days of my life so far - the feeling of total helplessnes.....

Our most sencere condolences to your family from Bryan and Renee. I know and understand the feelings of loss that you and your family are going through right now. I've lost both of my parents to cancer and many friends over the years due to various things. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones in this time of sorrow.

Things like this really put my petty troubles into perspective. While I think my family has had its problems, its nothing like what your family has been living with for years, now being compounded with his loss, My prayers are with you and yours.

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, condolences, they really do mean a-lot, and help.
Dan,
please accept my condolences for the loss of your Christopher.
Wayne,
I hope everything is going well now, it is a roller coaster ride of emotions, savor the highs but don't despair in the valleys.
Steve,
there are no petty problems, when it comes to our children's health, nor the emotion every parent feels when one of ours is ill, I'm so happy your son is better.

Again THANK YOU ALL
Keith

Kieth,
my wife and I are caregivers to our son Steve, brain injured in a car crash while in the Navy, I understand what you went through as a caregiver, and I worry that due to the severity of his brain injury, that one day, he will just stop, he is working on very little capacity due to the closed brain injuries, and stem brain connection damage. Every day brings it's challenges and blessings, My sincere sadness goes out to you for your loss, and as you recover, please keep in mind my son, and if you are a praying man, please include him. I will be praying for peace for you and yours.