Arbalist

Show me your Bottle Openers!

My son is an avid golfer so I built him a special 10 degree cap wedge. Specially designed for use on the 19th hole, this wedge can be employed throughout the course. No stroke penalty is imposed by its use, and it is particularly useful after the dreaded triple bogey. It is also commonly employed after 4 putts, difficult sand traps and deep rough. A handy club for any golfers bag. 

vrvHd4o.jpg

Jeremy, that's a great idea with the golf clubs.  No telling how many other sports could be added to that method.....got me thinking, now!!!  Maybe even something blacksmithing related. 

Ooooh, I LIKE it. Put a googly eye in the tab and it'd look like an extra terrestrial modern dancer. How's it open beers? A dancer has to pay rent til they make the big time you know.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hmm what about a music clef bottle opener; I've know a few musicians who could wear one out *FAST*!  (Why yes Powers is an Irish Name; County Waterford figures in my family history back a ways...)

I'm pretty sure it works fine, gave to my brother as a gift. He's the more of the beer lover than I am and I haven't heard any complaints. 

I like the music cleft idea! That would be cool to do.

My wife Lisa is a violist; I should figure out an alto clef opener for her (although she doesn't drink beer).

Tell her it's to show how music can actually be useful----then *DUCK* as she tries to open the bottle with your head!

Ive been a prison guard for the past 22yrs & still a ways to go till I can retire, I decided to make some bottle openers for a few of my co-workers in the shape of a Folger-Adams Brass Cell key.

Decided to gun blue them, seemed fitting.

IMG_7495.JPG

IMG_7528.JPG

IMG_7542.JPG

IMG_7715.JPG

IMG_7713.JPG

IMG_7281.JPG

Just make sure they can’t actually open any locks — or if they do, that you don’t give it to any to any inmates!

Looks like a great gift for your coworkers. Show them off at a prison conference and you may have a second career already waiting for you!

I REALLY like those! Definitely a marketable retirement product. Going into brewing would be a perfect adjunct. Cell Block brewing company. Man, all kinds of names for different brews come to mind. The 6 oz. minis could be "solitary" versions of brews. There are flavors I'd avoid like, "Death Row Bitter" or "Drunk Tank Stout" Might not be good PR.

Frosty The Lucky.

"Hard Time Stout" would work well and perhaps an "Old Sparky" for one of those terribly over hopped undrinkable IPAs...

Now for a name for a nice dunkel doppelbock...

22 hours ago, GrumpyBiker said:

Folger-Adams Brass Cell key.

I love them and brought back memories of me handling them, to help our jailer's with unruly inmates, in the old jail while on duty as a city cop. Retired after 29 years in 2013.

49 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Now for a name for a nice dunkel doppelbock...

“Double-Lock Doppelbock”?

Pass-Key Porter

Leg-Iron Lager

Handcuff Hefeweizen

Double-Lock Doppelbock

Hard Time Stout

Old Sparky

Make Bail Ale

Lifer Lager

HALT! Malt

Elvis' favorite, Jailhouse Bock

Frosty The Lucky.

That last one....I'd say something but then I'd get moderated---and then the moderator would get moderated...Well Done!

Really loving these! I attempted an opener the other day, using a canadian hardy cone, came out so bad I scrapped it.