I Forge Iron

Show me your Bottle Openers!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that whale! and the horses main is cool too.

Littleblacksmith 

I wondered if I had spelled it wrong....You would know I reckon, your three quarters horse.:)

Littleblacksmith 

wait, you know what the other quarter is? Alligator? I've always thought that if I was an animal I wouldn't mind being a Raccoon...

Littleblacksmith 

Ah, finally a day to get out and and play with fire and steel. 

Keep in mind i am no where near the skill of many of yall. This my first bottle opener, or as i have always called it a church key. It is also my first twist or any where near a scroll. Started out as just a piece of 3/8 key stock. 

Please tell me what you think and please dont hold back. Not pretty but functional. 

20180121_135344.jpg

We all start somewhere. Took me a bunch of tries to make a functional punched bottle opener. You know what you are looking at and the more you work with the steel the more you will improve. 

Atleast your first is functional :) 

hang onto it so you can look back and see how you have improved. 

Ausfire, that looks like beads on it. Really cool. 

Yes that is snow. Thats why i said finally able to get out. We had 2 weeks of single digits temps, and about 8 inches of snow. When finally got a little warmer got muddy. Now we are about 40 - 50 daily. I havent been able to heat the forge up in over a month. 

Thanks Das, and BB. That twist has a nice feel to it. Might do some more like that. We are up to about twenty different twists now. I'm pretty sure they've all been done before (nothing new), but still on the lookout for other ideas.

As for that snow, it would be interesting forging in temperatures that low. I've never seen snow in the gutters but I've seen bitumen melt. Exactly opposite to conditions in my forge!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice harrow spike bottle openers there, Gergely.  I have a great many of those spikes but I have only done a couple of openers with them. Did you find the metal harder to work than mild? If you have these for sale, do you label them with some indication of what they were made from? People like recycled stuff.