I Forge Iron

Hay-Budden List

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. this is my first post after reading every thing I could on this site the last couple of weeks. Love it. I bought my first anvil today, need some help with date. Hay Budden #128_23 or 138_23.Can"t hardly read it. Weighs about 130#. Any help? Thanks Randy.

Both serial numbers are from approx. 1907. (Anvils in America)

• 2 weeks later...

New user here, always enjoyed making things from metal. First off i am impressed on the generosity of information found here.... very nice. So, with the purchase of a new house and 40X60 shop i decided it was time to add to the welding equipment and scored my first anvil. Overheard a fellow at breakfest after church the other day selling what he had (reasoning left anonomyous but it rhymes with the other 1/2..... sorry for his luck). Anyway just looking for some info and add to the list of others. It is a Hay Budden, serial # 191931 with 170 stamped under the name.
I will more than happliy post a picture if someone could guide me in the right direction...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Mine is a 1919 150lb H Hudson Tool Co S/N A17717. Years ago some knuckle head used the edges to rest his steel on to torch cut it. "Mr Hudson" is a bit rough around some of his edges but is still a tough old fellow, ring and rebound are fine.

post-30093-0-13674400-1358907286_thumb.jpost-30093-0-23397000-1358907028_thumb.j

Added before and after cleanup pics

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...