• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol, George!

Good grief  Now I get it! 

boy do I feel stupid now! seeing as how I actually was in the navy for four years lol,  

It’s been over a decade since I’ve been around anyone talking about goin to the head,

so my mind was trying to figure out what on earth you meant, I never thought about that, 

then Thomas said his bit and I got even more confused lol,

sorry guys, sometimes you gotta just dumb it down or spell it out for me, then I still may or may not catch on lol, :lol:

okay Everyone, I apologize, now that I have brought the Friday puns to a screeching halt for a minute,

you may now return to your regular programed Friday shenanigans! 

Reminds me of a sea story. Back when I was a diver tender, there was another tender we called "Gentle Ben", ~6' 3" 290 lbs, you get the picture. We were on the way in during rough weather on a crew boat going straight against the 7-12 ft seas. He had to use the head #2. On crew boats, heads are cramped quarters for normal size folk. He had to squeeze in after pumping a few strokes to wet the bowl with sea water and tried to hold himself in place by putting upward pressure on the lavatory which was directly in front of him. This worked until we hit a rogue wave. It lifted him above the sink and plopped him down so hard the porcelain shattered. Stainless may not have held up either, but at least it wouldn't have left as much mess. 

1 hour ago, ThomasPowers said:

George has just spent too much time staring at his Naval

Are you jelly?

TW, Now you get the flux of the situation. :) atleast no one got upset. 

You guys are realy setting down the puns today. I can hardy stand it. Lol

Oh no, just looked back and see I tapped on someone else's pun. Sorry. It was a mis-strike. 

Temper temper Billy. My gast is flabbered the Head pun went right over an ex-squid like you!

Sorry to be late but I've been under the weather and pretty much sleeping and listening to audio books. Happily it was nothing too serious and I'm coming back up to speed. 

It's good to see I've been missed when I caught up on this pun thread. Without my refinement they're either Ore things.

Frosty The Lucky.

We feared you melted Frosty.  Thought you would be punching slugs in here as soon as the fire was lit. We weren't clinkering around. Glad you are rebounding from being under the weather.  Sometimes we all just need a little rest to fix our shelves.

12 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Ore things.

Awww man! That was gonna be my next one! Lol,

glad to see you back Jerry! 

well I hate to cast away this good time but my Family can be as hard as iron when I come in late so I gotta sign off y’all! 

hope everyone has a good evening! I’ll see y’all on he flip side! 

HAH TW, he who smelt melt it!

Our weather's been yo yo-ing lately, warm the cold and dry. A week ago this time we were enjoying a severe wind storm of hurricane +/- proportions. We get these every now and then but this time it went on for 3-4 days and did some serious damage. Blew the roof and side off the Wasilla KFC, killed power to some 20,000 or more. Last Friday the Palmer area was seeing gusts around 100mph and constant winds around 75. It wasn't quite that hard in Wasilla, 60-70 gusting to 80mph +/-.

Well, turns out it stirred up a lot of dust, a week later and you can still see the haze. Of course it's windy again if not so hard. Seems all the dust irritates my lungs, caused some swelling and they wouldn't clear fluids like lungs need to. 

So, my bout with pneumonia was solved with a short run of prednisone and an albuterol inhaler. Got a negative covid test out of it and the hospital waiting room for people getting covid tests has comfy chairs and few people. I dozed and listened to an audio book for a couple hours. 

No microbe invaders, just ex-smoker lungs collecting against the abuse I did them when I was young and dumber.

I'll probably be pretty scarce for a few weeks or so, Deb's having a knee replaced and I'll be taking care of her and things. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Do not mention to her the irony of the metal parts. 

Is she getting the replacement parts that have zerk fittings? Otherwise keep the paperwork that has the mileage warranty.

She may not be able to run, but she can wait.  You have to sleep sometime. 

Lol, I’m glad all y’all cleared that up for me :lol:

well I just got back from the great metropolis of Westville, I had to go up an get some feed an hay, run to the post office ect… 

anyways while I was up there I went scrounging around asking for some leftover round stock and I found someone who gave me two 12” pieces of 1-3/4” BB469700-0AC9-4F76-8CA0-1DFB8BC522E3.thumb.jpeg.1e8998d1ee90712adc81483a4a33e405.jpeg