• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep a slip scraper in my part of the world. It took a darn good horse and a good operator to get anything done with them. A rock or a root could get you launched pretty quick a good horse could feel a dead stop and quit before things got real bad. They are a dime a dozen here. 20 bucks as a yard ornament is about right. We always have a few at our auction and 10 to 20 is about what they bring. 

On 1/21/2018 at 4:04 PM, JHCC said:

The current plan is to see if there’s anywhere closer to home that might have something. Tomorrow, I’ll be calling the folks who fixed my own garage door a couple of years ago — they were very generous with broken torsion springs. 

Good news -- finally got the guy on the phone, and he has a pile of about two tons of springs out back, waiting for the price of scrap to go back up. He'll put out a few extension springs for me and leave them on the porch.

That's great JHCC. 

Friend of mine one has a bunch of old mine bolts and I asked him for eight of them since they would be great for leg parts on a large scrap metal spider sculpture. So they followed me home. Also some stuff that followed me home from a Christmas visit to my lady's family in New York. Blower parts, shovel and rake heads and other fun stuff. 

image.jpg

That was one thought for them Biggun. 

Hmm. Good idea, just get neighborhood kids to peddle it. All the better if you attach a generator to it as well and a video game system so they have to keep peddling to play it.... :) 

In reality the bike blower would probably work fine. Think I ran across an image of one on google somewhere. 

23 hours ago, JHCC said:

Good news -- finally got the guy on the phone, and he has a pile of about two tons of springs out back, waiting for the price of scrap to go back up. He'll put out a few extension springs for me and leave them on the porch.

Success!

ABDB38AA-8993-43B2-B644-B5158F13F265.jpeg

47 minutes ago, BIGGUNDOCTOR said:

Run safety cables through them in case they break. The cables will keep the pieces in place, and not in you. 

Yup, my guy made the same recommendation. Frankly, in that event, I’d be a bit more concerned about the hammerhead coming crashing down.

Peeked in the metal hopper at work today and spotted this guy. It runs fine but only pumps up to 30psi. I dealt with an oil free compressor before and it probably just needs a fairly inexpensive piston rebuild kit and also a new plug. Score! 

image.jpg

image.jpg