• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got this postvise at a junk store today,5 inch jaws, screw not so great . Once I get the screwbox out I'm going to use parts from another one to finish it up. This is the shortest postvise I've run across . I'll have to measure the height later, with some better pictures

IMG_0714.JPG

On 6/17/2017 at 10:37 PM, BIGGUNDOCTOR said:

Don't scrap it, use it or sell it. I see a workbench frame for starters. 

I did end up selling it to the scrap yard, for somewhat more than I expected. I get what you mean about using it for something, but this will help pay for a summer program for my son and still get me a good supply of steel and coal.

Picked this up a bit ago.....No ring but about 65 -70% rebound. No idea what make it is. I will clean it up when time allows. Details to follow.              Life is Good                             Dave 

P6170003.JPG

P6170001.JPG

P6170002.JPG

Don't have a photo, but stopped off at the steel supplier to raid their drop bin and got a couple of pieces of 1/2" round, a few random bits, and a chunk of 14(?) gauge plate that I plant to make into my first piece of armor. Later, on my way to the airport, I stopped on the highway to pick up some blacksmith's roadkill: in this case, another four-foot piece of 1/2" round. 

Greetings Mike,

Happy birthday, You deserve to spoil yourself with that wonderful anvil..  It will serve you well.. The forge is always open if your in the north country. 

Forge on and make beautiful things 

Jim

On 6/22/2017 at 0:31 PM, Frosty said:

Wow, I get a card and underwear or socks if I'm good. ...

Frosty The Lucky.

The trick is to say, repeatedly ... what you want and where to get it, many times over, months before. :)