I Forge Iron

What did you do in the shop today?

25.11.2021 в 22:52 Александр сказал:

Выполнено 2 новые работы.

IMG_20211125_201720.jpg

IMG_20211125_201819.jpg

IMG_20211125_202433.jpg

Александр, приветствую! Дошли таки мои руки до написания вам и приветствия!) Шикарная люстра и банкетка с перилами! Мы походу, два с земляка с вами, на этом форуме!)) 

Alexander, greetings! My hands have reached the point of writing and greeting you!) A gorgeous chandelier and a banquette with a railing! We are going, two fellow countrymen with you, on this Forum!))

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished up the 10 treble clefs. I just made the ten. I gave her the option for tweaks or replacements. I will be making more after this but I think tho they arent perfect, they have personality. 

Ill make more before my next show tho. 

20211202_212735.thumb.jpg.ee6773fae6eccf331ee1da16355512fb.jpg

I'm feeling the less steps as I go. They seem to flow fine.  Yeah, there are some pointless steps I started with. I also have some ideas I didn't in the name of somewhat uniformity.

I also see this as a cool pin but am trying to figure out the bottom part of it if i made the back length a pin. 

As long as it is in harmony.

Second attempt. The lady of the manor may get a bunch of new candle holders for Christmas this year. Glad she likes candles. Yes it is a little crooked, the socket one side is a bit longer, needs some tweaking, but i am getting there. Should have also heated the tenon, she a bit cracked. 

IMG_20211203_181036.thumb.jpg.bc3a68b73203d2ddbac91a67d1de889d.jpg

Hmm halfway to an octopus motif in the base...Perhaps modify the base to hold tiny bells or Christmas bulbs to give it a seasonal flair?

I went to the student art show and sale, (I was asked if I would beef up the ferrous table a bit as the students were stingy this semester.)  Bought my wife some silver snowflake earrings with tiny opals in the center and still made a profit from helping out...also got a couple of commissions for wood stove grates.

Treble clefs are sold and I'm singing praises to have some notes in my wallet. So yes Thomas, I took notes haha.

Now I have a New honey do list because Ayanas teacher finally noticed the leaf keychain on her backpack and asked mom where we got it... so she wants me to make them some gifts. 

Billy, I like it a lot more. And funny enough I was thinking the octopus thing as well. The dish looks great. The holder will work out a lot better and could even be a hair shorter.  Love the base. And now I'm thinking of trying to find those ball candles to design an octopus holder for them. 

On 12/2/2021 at 5:52 PM, Chad J. said:

you're welcome in my shop.  It's a disaster, but I know where everything isn't.

what shop isn't a disaster i can say ours is and smile (though my mother longer steps foot in there)

On 12/2/2021 at 6:52 PM, Daswulf said:

Finished up the 10 treble clefs. I just made the ten. I gave her the option for tweaks or replacements. I will be making more after this but I think tho they arent perfect, they have personality. 

Ill make more before my next show tho. 

20211202_212735.thumb.jpg.ee6773fae6eccf331ee1da16355512fb.jpg

I also see this as a cool pin but am trying to figure out the bottom part of it if i made the back length a pin. 

looks beautiful you use a jig for the scrolls or where they by hand and eye

M.J.Lampert 

I pulled this off this evening.   Single piece 5/8 inch square sock at 24 inches in starting length.  Made a smaller fileting punch to get the rope twist handle and used my hot cut for the twist and the hook.  It needs a bit of dressing up but I was extremely excited as I felt this was the most technically changeling piece I've done since I started smithing.20211203_214208.thumb.jpg.c884e9939a07fa6cbe850a0d42ea6e6b.jpg