I Forge Iron

the handy rail spike

That's how I learn a lot of things....:)  One thing I was just looking at, maybey on the next one make those "hanger" arms a little longer.  It looks bumpoffable.  I've had a lot of stuff land on my toes....:angry: Might be the camera angle though.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to clarify, I tried bumping it several times and it doesn't fall off. I know it doesn't look to stable, but the long handle resting against the post helps to support it. My picture quality hasn't been that great lately. Must be time for a new phone.  :D

hammerhook1.jpg

That's not going anywhere accidentally.  Sorry, wasn't trying to critcize.  Combination of camera angle, old eyeballs and being in a hurry, as usual.... :)   It is a cool project idea and one I would like to borrow in the future.  

I think it was camera angle making the prongs look like the ends weren't turned up enough to me too, Scott. I was thinking large finial scrolls would serve as well. 

Cheese slicer eh? Hmmmmm.

Frosty The Lucky.

Nodept - No problem, cleaned the lens on my phone but it still looks blurry to me.

Frazer -  The tongs you sent me have been a big help, the importance of plenty of material at the jaw and boss area become more clear when I look at yours and then look at some that I've made. I fiddled with those spike tongs for hours to get them to that stage. Had been been using them for a while when I ordered Kens custom rapid (rr spike) tongs, just to have something to compare, but I can't see that Kens is any better.

Irondragon - That made me think of a video Gary Huston made, he forges a cheese cutter out of stainless.

I hear Febreeze works pretty well on skunk scent but nothing's perfect. No skunks here either, not a whiff except occasionally a tourist's RV. 

If I had to pick up a wild animal a possum would be my choice. I'm sure it was laying there playing dead when the lady picked it up. 

I'd hiss if someone was carrying me by the scruff of the neck, probably try scratching too.

Frosty The Lucky.

18 hours ago, Frosty said:

I'm sure it was laying there playing dead when the lady picked it up. 

Had one bite me through a thick leather glove and they have a strong bite. They don't always play dead. I've seen them act both ways. 

Had my dog triumphantly bring a small possum up to the back door of the house with it hanging loosely in her mouth.  Needless to say my wife totally freaked out.  I went over and told the dog to drop it (the only reliable command I taught her - as a "pittbullish" mix a critical one).  She dropped it, and it picked itself up, shook a bit and ran off into the night.  Got a look of disappointment from my dog, but at least she got a biscuit. 

The thing about wild animals is that they are "wild".  Don't expect them to be happy when treated like a tame one!

The folks in front of me at the store were buying teriyaki jerky and 3 musketeers bars for their dog...I told them my Daughter was a vet and would not approve of that as a diet.  They said it's what their dog wants!  Spoke to my Daughter later and after the "NO! NO! NO!" she said that now topped their list of inappropriate diets for dogs that the Vet staff has run into.

My sister was a vet in the Army.  She gave us one of our best rescues ever.  There are a lot of toxic things dogs should not eat.  She gave us a list and it's held on the fridge door by a magnet. Not that we really need it but it's there.   3 muskateers?  The things that go on blow ones mind.