• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol, George you can bet your last dollar they did! 
in fact before nap time they even crawled through the pipes to do internal inspections before I started putting everything together, 

they preheat my anvils by sleeping on them, they guard my forges by piling up on them, and they even let me know when the slack tub is low on water as well as the food bowl lol, 

but for some reason when there’s work to do they have better things to do lol, 

Gandalfgreen, thank you for the compliment but my shop is a total disaster area right now, I’m waiting for the government to step in and declare it a super fund sight! 
 normally it gets a through cleanup once a week but I’m so backlogged on customer repairs that I’ve let it go… trying to keep up

I’m glad the weather is cooling down because business will slow down an if I’m lucky I’ll catch up before spring lol 89938FD3-EAF4-4D91-8269-04DC7B6957A6.thumb.jpeg.6a6bc90ad1bcd79e99615582abac00c2.jpeg

Finished up 8 of these mugs. Now I can finally move on to something else. Each brass plate was hand cut and engraved then bent to fit the contour of the mug, then carved the mug to epoxy the plate in. Totally out of my element and if I did 20 more I might get good at it but I don't want to lol. 

20210929_224337.thumb.jpg.9f84fb7b6583b9d8b7dc666cf0c499b0.jpg

Especially if they were cataclysmic!  

I snuck out into the shop yesterday and unclamped 3 more of the planks and glued up another 3. I'll be using them for a low cost anvil stand.  I'm not looking forward to drill the holes to bolt them together with a brace and bit; but the extension cords I used the last time have been sun blasted and scrapped.

I should have enough prepped to do the assembly this weekend, depending on if I go to the NMABA meeting Saturday, it's about 100 miles each way and not much info about it has been provided.

I’m still working on my stove pipe today,

although I did have a guy stop by just a little bit ago who had been told I buy old tools by a friend of mine,

he had a Buffalo post drill he wanted to sell but He wanted $250 for it an I politely told him I’d have to pass…

the last one I saw was only a few months ago and they only wanted $75 for that one,