I Forge Iron

Just a photo.

alexandr

I don’t mind weather in the 30s I can still sip coffee on the porch barefoot

but when it gets down in the teens an single digits with 40 mile hr winds that don’t let up I gotta stay next to the stove! Lol

summer can reach 100 with 90 percent humidity and you can’t breathe let alone get anything done 

Prime weather is like music 60s-70s is best! 

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/14/2022 at 12:09 PM, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

but when it gets down in the teens an single digits with 40 mile hr winds that don’t let up I gotta stay next to the stove! Lol

Wuss :rolleyes:.

Chill factor doesn't have to get that bad to keep me indoors anymore.

Frosty The Lucky.

Being in hibernation means you don't eat. :rolleyes:

Yes, there are dairy farms here but an effort put up by the State dept of ag didn't fly very long. Evidently it didn't occur to them to find out what it costs to ship winter feed from the lower 48. The Delta barley project is doing okay but barley is pretty cold weather robust and the interior has some hot summer weather while being on or above the arctic circle. Barley likes it there.

Caribou are commonly milked by some Native Alaskans as a traditional food. Moose have been, especially early years but moose are just too dangerous. Even  a cow can weigh 1,000lbs. One kick and you're a stain.

If you want to try exotic milk you can try milking a Musk Ox. The ones at the local tourist site, "The Musk Ox Farm," as seen on "Dirty Jobs," has quite a little herd and many are very friendly. You can buy Musk Ox cheese at the farm. 

There is a super market 2 miles from our wilderness survival shelter in the forest so we can keep the microwave and fridge stocked. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Not a lot but caribou reindeer if domesticated travel in LARGE herds and they just stand there.

Moose have been "domesticated" Sort of, there are old pics of them saddled, pulling wagons and loaded like a pack horse but it wasn't a common practice. 

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

We went from the mid 60°'s F to cold and snow then mid to lower teens after snow melted then today it went from mid 40°'s F in the morning to almost 80°. In the afternoon. 

Crazy. I hope we are done with snow and frost temps now. 

Been nice here, still dropping below freezing lows about 50% of the time and starting to hit mid 40f highs consistently. We officially have a bare mud spot to park larger than the SUV! Most of the rest of the driving area is patches of muddy bare ground and 4"+ of ice. 

I'll start THINKING spring has sprung if it's this nice at the end of April.

Frosty The Lucky.

We got 2" yesterday but it's going fast. I'm pretty sure Alex meant July 2012 not this coming July. 

Typos, typos everywhere but I couldn't think of anything funny to make from that one. Oh well, there's sure to be another anytime now. :)

Frosty The Lucky.

I was wondering if you were trying to get me in trouble but later realize you were just helping me exercise restraint good friend that you are.;)

Going to make me work for it, eh Scott?

Frosty The Lucky.