I Forge Iron

Just a photo.

alexandr

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful as always Alex. Is it even possible to take a bad landscape picture in Gatchina park? Those are the coolest squirrels, the ears make them look like they're wearing some kind of super hero squirrel uniform. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Once you find out how much water the system collects you can plan on how much roof area you'll need to water the garden. 

I wonder how dew collectors would work. They'll provide survival quantities but I don't know about gardening quantities. We made dew collectors with a sheet of visquene around 3' square and it collected enough to keep you healthy and going. 

Frosty The Lucky.

You don't have to see it, even in hard desert moisture moves from warm to cool. Sooo, if right after sunset you lay a sheet of plastic over the ground the plastic will cool quickly and moisture from the soil will collect on the under side. The survival trick is to scrape a depression and weight the edges around it with a pebble in the center so water will flow to the low spot. Put an open container under the pebble to collect the water. 

Another pretty cool trick is to put a little bit green plants in a clear plastic bottle. They will transpire moisture which collects in the bottle. You can really accelerate your water collection if you breath into the bottle every so often, the plant will live longer and you exhale water as a combustion byproduct. 

Double up the trick by laying your plastic sheet dew condenser over living plants and you're golden. 

Given my preference I carry extra water. 

Frosty The Lucky.

This is my Canadian Cherry as of a week ago, the background is the beautiful big birch between house and barn. I should see about getting a better pic while it's still in bloom. 

Frosty The Lucky.

2014585672_Jerscherrytree2022.JPG.4b280db5df09ff4f6f839a6d5831f5c9.JPG

Very cool.  There is the question of whether Tallinn is the most southeastern Scadinavian city or the most northwesterly Slavic city.  It wasn't until recently that I learned that the Estonian language is related to Finnish rather than the other Baltic languages.

Either fortunately or unfortunately, Madelynn is still very covid cautious and we are not doing much travelling and certainly not on any public transportation.

GNM