I Forge Iron

Just a photo.

alexandr

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be time to show up at the director's office with a lawyer for a little talk. 

The trouble is making an enemy at the utility company and getting anything after that. 

Your story makes me glad out utility companies are pretty responsive. The coop types have employees and reviews posted online so they actually DO try to solve problems.

I love the transparency.

I'll keep good thoughts flowing in your direction. I may make it down your way some time and would like to have lights to play under while the better halves plot over their spinning wheels.

Frosty The Lucky

There's been an ongoing fight between the management and a lot of the customers. It most NOT amusing was when they were using CoOp money paid for by their customers to fight an "Open Meetings Lawsuit" filed by a group of customers.

They also spent US$6M fighting a lawsuit where a transformer blew up and burnt a business down. I bet the business would have been happy to settle for a fraction of that at the beginning.  (It included the CoOp lying about things that were easily documented as the serial numbers were on record.)

It's messy, I'm trying to stay out of it and trying to get power before prices double for everything!  *Next Week*   I've got my tentacles crossed if not positively braided!

Sounds like the DA should be getting involved. Not getting involved at your level is a good policy. I'm hoping you're not just paying their lawyer's retainers or making boat payments.

I had a doctor for a short time who for all intents and purposes was just milking my insurance. He wasn't the only one but he was the most blatant and greedy. The threat of legal action MIGHT not have been necessary but we didn't see anymore claims against our insurance so it didn't hurt.

Frosty The Lucky.

I've mentioned this to Thomas previously but I think the best bet for him is to get his power in place and then document and report the whole fiasco to the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission (the NM equivalent of the Public Utilities Commission in many states).  His case is just one of poor and mismanaged service to a customer and not actual malfeasance or misuse of money but it is part of the case that the utility is badly managed and needs corrective action by the state.

Incidentally, if an entity is on the receiving end of an open records or open meetings law suit it doesn't have any choice of what money to defend against it.  The suit may be righteous or frivolous but if there is going to be a defense it has to paid for by taxpayers', customers', or members money.  That said, many open meetings/records laws have provisions for the losing side having to pay the winner's legal costs of bringing the lawsuit, particularly if either the suit or the defense is frivolous.  Sometimes, these are one sided.  A citizen may be entitled to recover his/her costs if successful but the government is not entitled to the same if it wins, even if the suit was bogus.  Check your local laws, results may vary.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

• 1 month later...

20.56 degC is the expected high, around 0 degC the expected low tonight. Blinding Sun.  I'm using the cab of my pickup truck to "bake" some painted items for a sale tomorrow. Supposed to be warm and dry all week.  I can't see any snow on the mountains near us yet.   About time to burn the tumbleweeds off the yard; but it takes an absolutely still day as they burn a lot like gasoline does!

Snow is predicted here starting tonight maybe tomorrow. Happily the temperature sky rocketed to 25f ABOVE ZERO today! :lol: I didn't even build a fire in the stove till Deb left for PT on her knee. A few minutes standing in front of the stove when she gets home helps soothe the aches with which PT rewards her so she had a cheery blaze in hot stove when she got home.

Nice day, even the breeze isn't painful.

Frosty The Lucky.

22 hours ago, George N. M. said:

-15 C or -15 F?  Went down to 9 F here last night but back up into the upper 30s today.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

-15C  (sorry i forgot one country hasn't conformed to the world and is off a full 32* )B)

21 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Especially when things are so rough up there that they have had to tap their Strategic Maple Syrup Reserve!

I'm only cut off from supplies due to the flooding otherwise all good. also what supplies there where jumped in price now if the passes to Alberta snow in some people up here are going to be in trouble

M.J.Lampert

• 5 weeks later...