I Forge Iron

Just a photo.

alexandr

A rescue, THANK YOU! :D

Personality is second only to health in my book. I'll bet he's never forgotten you saved him, has he? How's his sense of humor? What are his favorite jokes/stunts?

I'll take a good natured plug of unidentifiable breed and colors over a high bred PITA any day. 

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Jer !

There are excursions. There are more than 10 museums in this park alone. One weekend won't be enough. I just love to walk around these places. In any season. St. Petersburg is beautiful, you need at least 2 weeks to see its sights.

It takes 2-3 days to get around only one Hermitage. The largest museum in Russia.

ac4a9ce4dd218e4f876ad7a691564fae.jpeg

bd69754a90b02b29f2eac2ac269bafbf.jpeg

ermitazh5.jpg

Hermitage.jpg

That's about as grand as I expected Alex. AND fireworks. When I traveled around Alaska as part of the job we spent lots of days off in various towns and cities. Almost every town larger than 2,000 people had a museum, sometimes in a spare room of someone's home, or office building and I've never been in one I could see in one visit. Just reading labels and glancing at displays takes time.

I've been to the local museum in Wasilla several times but it's pretty poorly organized, not the worst I've visited but poor. I used to visit and rearrange the blacksmith display and various tools. Do that just a little bit and they make you a lifetime member. 

I usually spend most of a visit in one area after doing a fast walk through. 

I love a museum.

Frosty The Lucky.

On 9/10/2021 at 4:28 PM, Frosty said:

Nice but not my favorite color. I'm particularly fond of a nice buckskin they're almost as attractive as a, medicine hand, blue roan, Appaloosa. I like flashy two tones.

my same thoughts saw some excellent appys in the mountains didn't get much on pics but there was a red roan i have a few of 

glad your still kickn

M.J.Lampert

I've only ever seen one true black appaloosa and he was stunningly magnificent. He knew it too, an arrogant horse isn't particularly welcome in my herd. Maybe as one of the studs but I'm more of a pleasure horse kind of guy. Even when I was sort of in the game. 

Red roans are nice, a friend had a gelding named Rusty and we used to give him a hard time about cliche names.  Teased him about clicheing to his horse instead of clucking. He was a fine horse, good natured and well found. 

A nice alfalfa field helps keep thing cooler and ups the humidity some. When I was growing up most ranches were in the middle of alfalfa fields. The ones in the desert were dry dusty and HOT most of the time.

Thomas, haven't you contacted an apiest about hives? Alfalfa makes for good honey both quantity and quality. Is the bee killing fungus thing keeping the number of working hives low there?

Frosty The Lucky.

I doubt the bees will care once they know it won't threaten the hive. I'd suggest not running anything in the shop while the keeper is messing with the hive though, you don't want to become associated with disturbing the hive. 

A friend of mine here has a hive about 20' from his shop and the bees ignore him and heck anybody. 

Frosty The Lucky.

4 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

I don't know if the bees would like power hammers.

When I'm running mine, it seems to attract the little sweat bees. I always figured the vibration gets their attention and they really are nosy.

Don't have any honey bee hives near, so I can't say.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...