I Forge Iron

Just a photo.

alexandr

It's my Sour Grapes, Frosty, I was driving 4 cylinder small pickups often heavily overloaded where a lot of the folks I worked with had massive overpowered SUVs usually bought for the wrong reasons---like my officemate whe needed the SUV for his family's "safety"---back when they had roll over issues and a much worse safety rating than a minivan did.  (Now I did have one coworker with a big 4WD  vehicle; but his parents lived in Buffalo NY...)  I drove what I could pay cash for and envied the folks who had to have an overweight overpowered vehicle to drive to and from the grocery store in the suburbs...

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tech I hate most in modern vehicles is traction control. 9/10 times I have ever gotten stuck, it was because of traction control not allowing me to spin my tires. I have driven 2 different vehicles that had no option to turn it off (that I was aware of). I have never slid of the road, spun around or anything of the like (yet) and like to consider myself a good driver. 

Just a few months ago I watch a gentleman total his newer Camero (it had the newer body style) after he merged onto the freeway, then for no reason whatsoever he stomped on it and shot across 3 lanes to the far left lane when there was no one in front of him in any of the lanes for a solid 200+ yards. Well sadly for him, it was raining. When he stomped on it and shot across the lanes, when it came time to correct and go straight in the lane, he lost it on the wet pavement and ate the concrete divider and completely crushed the front end of his car.

Not a single person stopped and even slowed down for the idiot and when I came back through about 30 minutes later, it was being dragged up onto the tow truck to be hauled off.

4 hours ago, JHCC said:

And three years later, the Soviet Union dissolved. Coincidence?

Perhaps:D

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Do people engage in "curling" in Russia?

Russians participate in the Olympiads, but this sport is not popular.

"Yard" hockey, yes, especially in Soviet times.

On 9/2/2021 at 5:56 AM, sidesaddle queen said:

morning!

Ooooh, does that foal have blue eyes or is it the camera angle? Filly or Colt? I loved it when we had foals, we got them used to being handled and loved on as soon as the dame would let us near. A couple days at most, all our horses were very handlable. 

The big trick with handling foals was teaching them NOT to play with us. It's the only time I've been kicked or reared on. Teaching them not to rear on you is as easy as pushing them over. . . Once. Usually a swat on the ribs was enough though.

Frosty The Lucky.

17 hours ago, Frosty said:

Ooooh, does that foal have blue eyes or is it the camera angle? Filly or Colt? I loved it when we had foals, we got them used to being handled and loved on as soon as the dame would let us near. A couple days at most, all our horses were very handlable. 

The big trick with handling foals was teaching them NOT to play with us. It's the only time I've been kicked or reared on. Teaching them not to rear on you is as easy as pushing them over. . . Once. Usually a swat on the ribs was enough though.

Frosty The Lucky.

filly!!  her eyes are pale blue, her sire has ice green eyes.. so her should be aren  be when she is grown .. she out of my stallion and caries a newly discovered color gene..  his foals are born broke.. they are like puppies.. so easy to work with.. 

frosty, i  put her photo  up just for you.. lol!!   thought you would like seeing her.. ll!!!   

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Thank you Darlin, much appreciated. :D 

Just to be sure; she's REALLY a horse of a different color? That's just too cool.

One of these days. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

yep,  she is the real thing!!  lol!!  her momma is a bay..  without the sunshine gene you can't get this color  from a bay.. it was fun research breeding to prove the gene,,, 

18 hours ago, Frosty said:

The Sunshine gene, I'll have to see what I can find out about it. What color is her skin or is it too soon to tell for the long term?

Frosty The Lucky.

she is a perlino, bay base with 2 dilutes.. one dominate cream,  one recessive cream,,,aka the sunshine gene.. ..   she will be a bit dark and richer in color with a pale pumpkin skin...    this is her at 7 weeks. you can see the color in the skin ..her sire is the horse in my sidesaddle photo 

IMG_0282.JPG

A pumpkin skinned Perlino, this gets better all the time. I was wondering, muzzles tend to darken up with age but the inside of her ears were an indication even with the light coming through. I couldn't see her eyelids in the first pic like in this one.

Are there images of other Perlinos? I don't know if I'm patient enough to wait to see the color she ages into. 

I love how the knobby  kneed, awkwardness of foals: smooths, fills, strengthens and morphs into the grace in motion of a horse. Few things are as beautiful as a horse in motion.

The Palomino foals out of "Babe" were almost white till they were getting close to two years, then their coats darkened into an almost chatoyant palomino. The one gelding we kept was named "Amarillo DeOro" by the caballeros we rode with on a mustang roundup. It translates as "Golden Yellow," and transliterates as "Yellow of Gold." The caballeros said the first but I liked the second so that was how I thought of him. 

It's also the name that sticks with me, for the life of me I can't remember his registered name. It's a TBI thing, I'm sure I'll remember as soon as it's too late to edit. "Baby Doll's . . . blank."

Frosty The Lucky.

not my favorite either.. lol! i love bays with appy and tobiano color  but he was starving a woman's back yard so i rescued him ... planning on gelding and selling him to a good home  lol!!! i fell in love with  his personality .  that was 12 yrs ago..   his foals get his great legs and mind.. easy to train .. i keep the bays.. lol!!

paint and pinto foals are so pretty!!!   i bet you loved looking over the field, thomas...