I Forge Iron

2 tine roasting fork (small)

jlpservicesinc

Madam or Ms. your preference please? A ladysmith's work explains a lot. I love seeing women in the shop there is a whole different aesthetic that's a refreshing change and appealing. I wish there were more ladysmiths posting here.

Oh, do you have a preferred web-handle or nick or do WE get to come up with one for you? :D

No, I didn't assume Frosty it was a given being a Frost. My folks told me to get used to being called Jack so a very brief period when I started 1st. grade I did. Then I found out who Jack Frost is and didn't want any association with the trickster so I choose Frosty instead. Funny thing there were some guys I knew all through school that in college still insisted I'm Jack. Funny how some things just stick in a person's brain.

Oh, I CAN be looooong winded but I try to be entertaining about it. :)

Frosty The Lucky.

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Madam or Ms. your preference please? A ladysmith's work explains a lot. I love seeing women in the shop there is a whole different aesthetic that's a refreshing change and appealing. I wish there were more ladysmiths posting here.

Oh, do you have a preferred web-handle or nick or do WE get to come up with one for you? :D

No, I didn't assume Frosty it was a given being a Frost. My folks told me to get used to being called Jack so a very brief period when I started 1st. grade I did. Then I found out who Jack Frost is and didn't want any association with the trickster so I choose Frosty instead. Funny thing there were some guys I knew all through school that in college still insisted I'm Jack. Funny how some things just stick in a person's brain.

Oh, I CAN be looooong winded but I try to be entertaining about it. :)

Frosty The Lucky.

Forging queen works.. Just kidding.   Jennifer works or JP. or Ms JP.. ..  

" Frosty".  I like it..    Not sure what people would want to call me..  Never had a nick name.. If anything they would call me stubborn.. LOL>. 

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

That's a beautiful piece, I love the filleting at the tine bases. Are you making complete sets? That is one very marketable toasting fork.

I see lots of possibilities, consider the concept adopted, thank you sir.

Frosty The Lucky.

I agree.  Beautiful lines.  I sometimes I have clientele that don't drive 1 ton welding trucks.  Always good to have alternative styles.

Actually something similar would make my son's grandmother pretty happy for x-mas.    

2 hours ago, jlpservicesinc said:

Forging queen works.. Just kidding.   Jennifer works or JP. or Ms JP.. ..  

" Frosty".  I like it..    Not sure what people would want to call me..  Never had a nick name.. If anything they would call me stubborn.. LOL>. 

Forging queen eh, we can start there. Hmmmm, "highness" . . . HighCarboness"? Naw that worse than sucks it's so derivative. A clear MS.   Use hydraulics? Mpress?  . . . Maybe.

Stubborn's a given you can't work steel with fire and hammer without more than a bit of stubborn. If we were to call you Stubborn everybody'd think we were talking to them. We'll just make the observation when appropriate.  Guess I'll have to give it some thought, till then I like Jennifer and JP. I've never known a Jennifer I didn't get along with.

The gang should start perking on nick names, I hope anyway. Like puns?

The story of the Lucky part of my IFI web handle can be found in the prayer section. I AM a lucky guy.

Frosty The Lucky.

12 hours ago, ausfire said:

That's one stylish toast fork! Love the symmetry and the fine finish. A lot of hammer work from  1/4 X 1. Thanks for posting, Jennifer.

Thanks,,

Not to bad forging wise..    maybe 30minutes of forge time.. 2 minutes with the file and another few with the wire brush.. This was made in the old blacksmith trailer and the floor would bounce about 1/2" with every hammer blow..  

Your welcome.. 

Since you guys are liking these.. Here is the fork, as forged and here is a pair.. each fork going to a different person.. 

20160427_182110.jpg

20160501_201316.jpg

20160501_201334.jpg

20160501_201340.jpg

Very consistent style; I really like the elegant turned eyes.

On 9/9/2016 at 6:13 AM, jlpservicesinc said:

Not to bad forging wise..    maybe 30minutes of forge time.. 2 minutes with the file and another few with the wire brush..

Timed exam today.  I hope I'm up to it.  Just curious, what weight is your hammer?

7 hours ago, aessinus said:

Very consistent style; I really like the elegant turned eyes.

Timed exam today.  I hope I'm up to it.  Just curious, what weight is your hammer?

let us know how you made out.. Pictures to please..    6lbs for initial forging of the shaft. 4lbs for the majority and 2 for the finish work and turning of the rat tail finial.. 

7 hours ago, Donnie said:

Very nice work.

Thanks.. Kindly

32 minutes ago, jlpservicesinc said:

let us know how you made out.. Pictures to please..    6lbs for initial forging of the shaft. 4lbs for the majority and 2 for the finish work and turning of the rat tail finial.. 

Thanks.. Kindly

Make me feel like a wimp. My main hammers are a 2lb drilling hammer and a ballpien that's probably 24oz or so. Only on occasion do I really reach for my 3 or 4lb hammers.