I Forge Iron

Show us your blacksmithing Christmas swag!

Nothing much in my stocking,  Fontanini anvil was a little to heavy for Santa to ship I guess.  But my wife is super pleased.  found a  cheap wire basket and made a handle for it.  She'd been looking for an egg basket all summer  :)  as a bonus all the hens have laid an egg so fresh toads in the holes for breakfast.

post-15973-0-20061300-1387994126_thumb.j

post-15973-0-38447000-1387994240_thumb.j

post-15973-0-10990500-1387995500_thumb.j

I got 3 books. The art of blacksmithing by bealer, the travelling forge, and a museum of early American tools. Also got a humorous blacksmithing bumper sticker that I can't remember what it says at the moment. It's only 13 days til my birthday also so no telling what I'll get then. Love my girl and her family.
~The Mad Rabbit

I got a Kindle Fire, shirts, new Carhart jacket, a bunch of cool stocking stuffers and a crocheted hat from the daughter in law that is a superb representation of a Hoplite helmet. That one tickles my happy more than the other stuff it sure put her at the top of my birthday goody list. Well, right behind Deb of course.

Outstanding Christmas at our place.

May this be the best new year ever and may it be the least of those to come.

Frosty The Lucky.

I was given a Cole Drill! Not a surprise, because I had to find it, order it and get is shipped over here from the US... but it was nice to be asked if there was a special tool I really wanted.

Owen, how effective are those headphones? I've read some good reviews, but the only chance I've had to try a pair was in a shop without much 'real' noise around.

I was given a Cole Drill! Not a surprise, because I had to find it, order it and get is shipped over here from the US... but it was nice to be asked if there was a special tool I really wanted.

Owen, how effective are those headphones? I've read some good reviews, but the only chance I've had to try a pair was in a shop without much 'real' noise around.

I tried the around ear ones in america, they were great but a bit risky to have exposed full time in a workshop (for the cost of them).

I have been using sony  noise cancelling ones and they were good . the bose in ear ones seem amazing so far  (completly wash out a hair dryer up close) into the workshop today to try them out against the grinder . 

spotify and sound cancelling headphones change grinding from a task into a road trip.....

Well I got a puppy. Long story short my favorite dog who is my avatar died after a two year battle with degenerative myelopathy this spring. I was quite upset. I guess my Vet loves us cause she took in a 9 month old puppy who was hit by a car and set to be euthanized. They reconstructed his shoulder then gave him to me! He is a lovely dog and loves to be in the shop! He gets on well with my other three so never a dull moment and he brings me great joy.

post-39154-0-62002400-1388343642_thumb.j

post-39154-0-45312500-1388343664_thumb.j