I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing gems and pearls

BillyBones, thats near paint Creek and cabin Creek where the mine wars took place back in the 1920's isn't it. 

I have family in Perry and Letcher Co's. 

Pnut (Mike)

The national guard dropped artillery shells From biplanes on the miners striking against J.H. Blair. The only time the US military bombed US citizens on purpose.

Pnut (Mike)

It ended on Blair mountain West Virginia

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I aint sure about cabin creek, but i do know that Paint creek is in Johnson county. I was thinking cabin creek was more North towards Ohio, around Portsmouth. 

When they built Paintsville lake they had to move my family cemetery. Nice lake and good bass fishing. There are also elk there now for hunting. 

By the way, Know what ya can do with a Buckeye ya cant do with a brier?

Wipe your ...!

Another thing my Granny said to me all the time growing up, "Pity is free, you have to earn admiration."

Pnut (Mike)

On 5/20/2019 at 8:17 PM, BillyBones said:

When they built Paintsville lake they had to move my family cemetery. Nice lake and good bass fishing. There are also elk there now for hunting. 

Largest elk herd east of the Rocky Mountains

Yep, KDFWR has done a great job with the reintroduction. It's still a lottery hunt though. I don't know anyone who has gotten a tag. I don't know many elk hunters either. Could be why. 

Pnut

On 6/10/2019 at 2:50 PM, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

"If you bite a snake and you die, it's poisonous. If a snake bites you and you die, it's venomous! ". ~ ausfire

If a snake bites you and it dies you're a blacksmith.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this has been posted previously:

"Blacksmiths go to hell for two reasons:  Hitting cold iron and not charging enough."

"Anything worth designing is worth over designing."

"When in doubt, empty the magazine." (A military truism but applicable to all aspects of life.)

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand." (Chorus of the song of the London Worshipful Company of Blacksmiths)

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish; I wanted my surgeon to imitate proven methods rather than experiment on *me*!

From Chris the Curious:   "Nothing fixes anvil envy. Not one anvil, and not ten anvils. There will always be a bigger one, or "better" brand, or better condition, or better rebound, or two hardy holes, or double horn, or a dovetail, or... whatever. Nothing works except for just getting over it. "

8 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

"Nothing fixes anvil envy. Not one anvil, and not ten anvils. There will always be a bigger one, or "better" brand, or better condition, or better rebound, or two hardy holes, or double horn, or a dovetail, or... whatever. Nothing works except for just getting over it. "

I hate it when someone I'm debating a subject with is right!!!!! :angry: