I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing gems and pearls

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eppur si muove ... attributed to Galileo as a statement of defiance against the establishment, and discredited as not authentic for a long time, may be actually true. 

It certainly fits Galileo's character, the father of the scientific method, and should be adopted as a motto by those who object to any false hypothesis supported for conformity. 

Another in the vein of blacksmithing and bias is this :"The locksmith is the guilty one, but the blacksmith hangs.: :)

On 12/2/2013 at 10:21 PM, thingmaker3 said:

Everything in a blacksmith shop is either heavy or sharp or hot. Most things in a blacksmith shop are at least two of those.

If the Earth and your work are trying to get a closer look at each other, it is best to LET THEM.

That's great, never try to catch a falling gun, knife or hot metal!  

3 hours ago, Darrell Delaney said:

That's great, never try to catch a falling gun, knife or hot metal!  

ANYTHING, especially if it's heavy! Just step back and pick it up once it's stopped moving. Anymore the only falling things I try catching are fragile valuables, say a china cup, a baby, etc. I don't heal as fast as I used to so its gotta be worth it.

Frosty The Lucky.

"The problem isn't the problem, but is the attitude you have about the problem" don't know who said that one.

Littleblacksmith 

Well, Marcus Aurelius said in his Meditations, "Of every particular thing, inquire 'What is this, in its own construction?'" In other words, respond to the thing itself, not to how you feel about the thing or what you think the thing is, but what it ACTUALLY is.

6 hours ago, Glenn said:

In the New Mexico summer we take stock off the scrap pile using tongs and stick it in the forge to cool down... Thomas Powers

Spent 3 years down there. Xxxx is such a nice cool place, in comparison.

Edited by Mod34
Edited for inappropriate language

• 4 weeks later...