I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing gems and pearls

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've got to disagree with this one, since I just spent a profitable half-hour last night cold-shaping some bowl blanks in preparation for hot forging. Furthermore, to quote someone I heard discussing the use of a fly press for cold-stamping leaf blanks and the like, "Every minute I'm waiting for the metal to heat up is a minute I'm not getting paid."

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So no canister damascus:tm:? 

Boy are you ever missing the intended meaning of the saying. Left field, out of the park!!

This is my saying, the key words are "If you don't create the box to contain your thinking, you can't be accused of Thinking outside of the Box". This has absolutely nothing to do with Canister Damascus.

Neil

Welcome aboard Craftsdwarf, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header you'll have a much better chance of meeting up with members living within visiting distance. 

I strongly suggest you spend more time reading some of the archived subjects before you start pointing out things you THINK are wrong with the site or deliberately misunderstanding them. You DON'T want to make "troll" your first impression do you?

Not building a box so you don't have to think outside it, is about as straight forward as it gets. But because you are new and sound pretty young I'll explain. 

If you do not limit your thinking to things you know, you will not have trouble considering new ideas. 

Frosty The Lucky.