I Forge Iron

It followed me home

19 minutes ago, George N. M. said:

Oooo, very nice.  Do you mind saying what you had to give for the Trenton?

Something like the cylinder will, IMO, be a better starter anvil than the Centaur rail anvil that someone was just looking at and we were commenting on.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

I don't mind saying. I did get quite a nice deal on it at $600. I'd expect it worth $1000 at fair market value.

I agree on the cylinder. Especially for someone whose main interest is bladesmithing. It's a fantastic bladesmith anvil.  

Maybe not great for heavy smithing, but small stuff like blades - heck, that thing has more weight and surface area than those NC Anvils lots of newbies start with. 

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good score Billy. That's a tin smith's forming hammer, most often used to form and close seams.

Nice score on the Trenton Cavpilot and a fair price. Drops like that piece of solid bar are handy to have around. Good bench anvil or starter anvil, it's the king of thing on my BUY list if the price is right.

Maybe I should've gone garage saling instead of hammering out a letter opener to finish tomorrow. 

Frosty The Lucky. 

57 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Maybe I should've gone garage saling instead of hammering out a letter opener to finish tomorrow

Good grief You’ve only had three months to work on that letter opener!:rolleyes:

If you had got it done then think of all the good rusty sales you could’ve been to by now! 

I swear Jerry what am I gonna do with you!:P

Oh I'm not worried Billy, it's not like you can actually enter the challenge for the fabulous grand prize all expenses paid, world cruise for family and 25 lucky friends.

So, it doesn't matter how it turns out, technically YOU can't turn in an "Entry," a letter opener sure and I'll enjoy seeing what you come up with. It just won't be an ENTRY. :P

Frosty The Lucky.

Cruise? You must have read the wrong sweepstakes advertisement Jerry!

this challenge has a grand prize of a hay ride pulled by a junky smoke belchin ol diesel tractor in peavine America!

an maybe a cup of coffee if I get around to cleaning the perculator settin by the stove,

the winner also gets to take home three unfixed feral barn cats!!!

Cat food not included…

Do note guys Billy didn't dispute the ALL EXPENSES PAID part so airfare, etc. is CONFIRMED part of the prize! Guess I WILL go finish an entry, never been to Peavine, though I HAVE looked at the satellite image. I had to enlarge it 3 times but I did look at it. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Oh I'm SURE Billy will include such fabulous local attractions in his hay ride or perhaps one of the other adventurous tours he's including as listed above. He must be one of the best tour guides EVER his jokes never miss. Like the one about reading my application. That one will have me grinning all evening, I wrote my application, I know exactly what it says and offers the Lucky winner.

Frosty The Lucky.

2 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

you haven't missed much

Heck you didn’t even see nothin Thomas,

you were only here for a minute until y’all headed on down the road,

y’all should’ve brought a bigger truck and a trailer and I would have takin y’all tool huntin! 

an shown y’all around to see some really cool sights!

I could fantasize about an unreasonable customer or boss giving me a hard time, walking to my tool box grabbing a rusty tool, biting a chunk off and asking him/er what the problem was. 

For full effect you need to spell out TEN, writing it "ID10T" is sort of a spoiler. Sending the new guy to Human resources for his "ID ten T" is a good one, save it for after he returns with a gallon of prop wash and parts to repair the lock washer. 

Probably one of the saddest things about being retired, after no days off of course, is not having new guys to break in. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.