Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/25/2021 at 8:04 PM, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

Frosty if I come across another one while I’m digging around old shops and barns in my area I’ll make sure to pick it up and mail it to you….  I’d bring it myself but Alaska is a little to far from Oklahoma for a day trip. 

Where in Oklahoma?

DHarris, I’m in Stilwell Oklahoma a few hours east of you. If your ever needing anything let me know. Out here I find post vises, anvils, blowers and forges all the time And tons of metal. If you need something specific I’ll check it out an see if I can find it for you. 

Sallisaw is right around 30 minutes south of me on 59. Yes the strawberry festival brings in people from everywhere you should check it out one year! The local farmers compete to see who grows the tastiest strawberries but they all taste good to me lol! 

Well it followed me home on Sunday but I just got it all set up and running. It’s a Coal Ironworks 12 ton I found used near me, along with a major heavy duty stand and a handful of dies. The guy is upgrading to a 25 ton to up his game, and needed to move this, after 2 years of use. It was basically set it on the stand with the help of a friend, then just plug and play. It sure does that squeeze thing real nice. I tested it with some 1” round, flat bottom die, upper die a fuller. Moved more metal in 2 heats than a half day with a hammer. My shoulder says “thanks”.

66E56DB1-B611-431B-AB60-C1A0D5173E61.jpeg

744E1DDC-42B9-4055-BC42-C1CF4DE89433.jpeg

65D88A9B-FD50-44D6-A710-2F48EE659A43.jpeg

20’x3x3” square tubing 1/4” wall, I just had delivered a little bit ago, i had a friend pick it up from wheeler metals in muskogee Oklahoma. I needed two 10’ sticks for a project I’m building. They wanted $320 for two ten foot pipes but if you took a twenty foot stick it was $246? So I figured for the price difference I could cut in half for a lot less lol. Please pardon all the other junk in the photo. Also even at $246 the price seemed awful high? A couple years ago that would have only cost around a $100. But I could be wrong. 8711DD18-BB89-4D4A-9291-231302D622E7.thumb.jpeg.7305a57d503ef9f76fd6b15794e89247.jpeg

Lol thank you for your kind words JHCC, I’ve got ten tons of metal piles all over my property one day my plan is to put it all nice and neat on the 24 foot pipe rack so I actually know what I have! instead of spending all afternoon looking everywhere for the one piece I need. 

9 hours ago, Stash said:

It’s a Coal Ironworks 12 ton I found used near me, along with a major heavy duty stand and a handful of dies. 

Can you post a pic of how the top die is attached i am building a  press and that is the one thing i need to figure out before moving on see circled section a bottom up pic would be lovely

Inkedpress_LI.jpg.2d5d967aa0bc67034685ca56970e501a.jpg

M.J.Lampert

11 hours ago, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

Also even at $246 the price seemed awful high? A couple years ago that would have only cost around a $100. But I could be wrong. 

Steel has went up quite a bit in price in the last several months. You paid about $1.40/lb for your tube, which really isn't that bad of a price right now on the retail end for hollow shapes. Most steel is up 50-125% in the last year.

DHarris, those batteries  are cores from batteries I’ve replaced in peoples machines I have a battery truck that stops by my shop every Tuesday and it’s easier to leave them out there on a cart than carry them All the way out to the road. 
Fowlife, I know what you mean but it still seems awful high, I’d have to look for the invoice but The last time I bought some 3x3 tube I didn’t think it was near that high, maybe I’m just being cheap lol. 

I got what I’m hoping is a nice score from work. Two springs from under the dock plates (work in a warehouse) and a fork lift fork. There’s another one I can take also but it was tough to get in my car lol. I was trying to figure out exactly what it’s made of but the markings on it aren’t telling me much. They read:

1500x24

750x600

75324-3 and then AW off to the side. Anyone know anything about these? Should I just assume it’s 4140-4340ish? 

46AFA8F0-545D-40FD-89A0-10511EED1C1F.jpeg

I’m not sure if I would want this to come home with me, one of the biggest fork lift tines I’ve seen… and no, these would not fit in my car.

F003ECB4-1604-43CF-98CC-A5A2B4A23B35.jpeg.3493514e3be8532052a14a536f880a58.jpeg

Sorry, nothing in the image to give a sense of scale. These are about 15” wide and 6” thick on a 60,000lb split style lift truck.

David

Unfortunately, they weren’t up for grabs, but I thought they were wroth a picture… 

Maybe I’ll get a picture as we bring our next 550ton Injection machine in the building. Lot of improvised anvil opportunities, if wasn’t new process equipment…