• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got 2 files , which I`ll make some knives and maybe strikers out of and this pair of nipplers?? ( whatever they are they will soon be tongs) Yesterday at the pawnshop for $2.00 . Also a smithing freind of mine come over ( we didnt forge cause it was about 0 F , he brought me this desk thing for free.

10227.attach

10228.attach

10229.attach

100_15261.JPG

A good friend of mine called me up the other day with a proposition. He had a chance to get a Lincoln portable welder that was sitting in a field not being used. He offered to split the cost and have me keep it at my shop as he had no place to store it and would only need it on rare occasions. I said," OK, whats the catch" and he said nothing. It was just sitting there and the owner didn't want it anymore and he could have it for $800. Well of course I thought about it for about as long as it takes a light beam to travel the length of my house and said "Deal!" Well he brought it out to the house about a month ago. We pulled out the kill switch, pressed the starter button and after about two rotations she fired up! We got some plate and tried out the welder and she ran as sweet as can be through ALL heat ranges and didn't even cough once!
Now I can do any type of welding I like as I know own a mig welder, an AC buzz box and a full range portable DC welder. The only one I'm missing now is a TIG and hopefully that is in the not too distant future.:D

Stopped off and picked up about 100 pounds of coal from the side of the road. About 4 or 5 times a year coal trucks tip over along this one section of road, they get off on the shoulder a little dab and over they go. So I picked up some of it and plan to give it a try this week to see if it was worth the effort or not???

I helped a lady clean out her dads house about a month ago. He had to move to a nursing home. As we cleaned out his shop she told me to load up a 100# peter wright anvil for helping. When we got to another shed she said I could take home 2 large oxy bottles and an act. bottle. Then when we got to another shed she sold me a lincoln sa200 portable welder for $150.00

I helped a lady clean out her dads house about a month ago. He had to move to a nursing home. As we cleaned out his shop she told me to load up a 100# peter wright anvil for helping. When we got to another shed she said I could take home 2 large oxy bottles and an act. bottle. Then when we got to another shed she sold me a lincoln sa200 portable welder for $150.00

GOOD for you!! Even if the oxy bottles are out of date and you can't get them refilled, they make wonderful bells, beautiful sound to them. Just unscrew the valve before cutting. Congrats, I would offer to help this kind lady even if there were no more 'returns'.

100_15261.JPG

A good friend of mine called me up the other day with a proposition. He had a chance to get a Lincoln portable welder that was sitting in a field not being used. He offered to split the cost and have me keep it at my shop as he had no place to store it and would only need it on rare occasions. I said," OK, whats the catch" and he said nothing. It was just sitting there and the owner didn't want it anymore and he could have it for $800. Well of course I thought about it for about as long as it takes a light beam to travel the length of my house and said "Deal!" Well he brought it out to the house about a month ago. We pulled out the kill switch, pressed the starter button and after about two rotations she fired up! We got some plate and tried out the welder and she ran as sweet as can be through ALL heat ranges and didn't even cough once!
Now I can do any type of welding I like as I know own a mig welder, an AC buzz box and a full range portable DC welder. The only one I'm missing now is a TIG and hopefully that is in the not too distant future.:D

Atta boy Tas! I'm sure you know you will LOVE the Lincoln. What year model is it? Check the pawn shops in your area as you may find a tig rig for varly cheap.

Thomas,

I am not exactly sure of the date but I believe this is a late 50's early 60's model SA 200 welder. It was commonly referred to as a "Pipe Line" welder as they were the main welders used on oil pipe line installations. It has a series/parallel wound generator with a constant voltage and variable current with a main current tap and a variable fine current Rheostat to adjust the current settings between the tap settings for infinite heat control. You hardly know it is behind you when you are towing it and with current control from well below 100 to 250+ amps on the high end there is almost nothing you can't weld with it except very light sheet meta. As i stated in my previous post she started and run like a charm and for a mere $400 (my share) I couldn't pass her up.As for a Tig welder, it is not at the top of my list for now but if I fall into a deal like this welder, well then I would probably have to take it.:D

Terryl

How about a picture or two of the welder TASMITH? my old SA200 was born on Dec 13,1950. If you contact Lincoln with the code # and serial #, they will tell you the date of Mfg, and when ordering any parts for it, you will need the code #.

Edited by irnsrgn

insrgn,
I have a couple of pictures posted in my gallery under tools and jigs. I will do as you suggest and contact lincoln. As I stated in my previous post the welder is running like a charm right now but will probably need maintenance in the future
(brushes etc.) I wasn't sure if parts may still be available from Lincoln, but considering how popular the welder was and how well built it would make sense that there would be several still in service and parts might be available. Thanks for the tip:)

Terry