• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please don't be too quick to refine or repair the edges, they look pretty good in the pictures and once you remove steel it's a real bear putting it back. I'm just suggesting you use them a while before you decide.

I believe someone posted videos of a knife or scissor shop in England where the anvil was a section of face and two dovetails to hold specialty tools. It appeared to work very well for the job and I imagine different tools would make it very versatile.

Unlike hardy shank bottom tools dovetails are very solid almost becoming part of the anvil. Solid enough coupling to work very well on power hammers.

Frosty The Lucky.

What drives me to travel 120 miles round trip for rusty iron? The fact that it is a  Wilton 600 bullet vise on a steel and concrete stand for $100!!! also got a old craftsman floor drill press and some chicken processing  items  for the farm

chris

crap cant upload images :( ill try again later

Nice pick up, Stan, but I hope you never need a spare part for it. Ryobi are notorious for inability to supply parts. I have just thrown out a perfectly serviceable Ryobi radial arm saw for want of a miserable rubber drive belt. Tried the world over to get one but no dice. 

Nice pick up, Stan, but I hope you never need a spare part for it. Ryobi are notorious for inability to supply parts. I have just thrown out a perfectly serviceable Ryobi radial arm saw for want of a miserable rubber drive belt. Tried the world over to get one but no dice. 

Thanks ausfire I did finally find some replacement belts but it wasn`t easy when I bought it I was thinking it was a lot older and a better bargain  than it probably is.

JHCC if you find out what those pliers are for with the screw driver head on one handle please let me know. I have had a pair for30 years and used them for everything but what they were made for. The jaws are serrated on mine also.

This thread just KILLS me, I have a nearby junkyard that I stumbled upon one day while driving around, haven't had a free Saturday to go visit but am planning to go this coming weekend....hope to score SOMETHING, in the meantime I can only re-read this thread and drool.

I talked to a couple guys at an equipment repair shop two weeks ago when I saw a coil spring. I was told to come back to give them time to make sure the new part fit so I did. Today I stopped back by and loaded the coil spring and a surprise one of them saved for me. The surprise is about 3.5" off the end of a hudraulic hammer from a hammer hoe and it's about 4" across. No idea what kind of steel it is but I couldn't help but chuckle when he said they ruined two bandsaw blades at the machine shop tryin to cut it. :) I had my two year old helper stand next to the spring, he stands about 38" tall.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg