• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Latest addition to the collection.. I've decided that as I cant get using them then I'm gonna collect them.

11940123_10153611638078734_617998018_n.jpg

11950912_10153611638048734_1066667759_n.jpg

11922000_10153611637923734_663010382_n.jpg

Anyone recognise the shiny hammer? I was told who made it but cant remember.

11950967_10153611637878734_1163844453_n.jpg

No idea why there was shoe polish there. It was in the box.

11925949_10153611637773734_600804746_n.jpg

Edited by Stephen Jones
added comments

42A8B737-E491-421D-A096-ADE4EBF956A8_zps

Powers technique really works... got a call today out of the blue from one of the various notes I'd dropped regarding anvils, and after a trip across town , turned $250 into a beautiful 128 pound Peter Wright anvil and a Dixon-3 blacksmith/silversmith hardy hole forming stake that seems to sell for somewhere between $120 and $250 on it's own.  

My wife gave me a strange look a I huffed the anvil into the garage and asked why my latest garage tool came equipped with a steel **** (phallus).  The conversation went downhill from there. (picture is from an eBay auction, the one I got has a bit more patina but the same shape).

%24_12.JPG

Edited by Yuppiejr

... a Dixon-3 blacksmith/silversmith hardy hole forming stake that seems to sell for somewhere between $120 and $250 on it's own.  

[...]

%24_12.JPG

Oh, you're tearing my heart out. I had one of those once that I picked up at an antique shop for about $30; it was yet another of the tools left behind in my move to the big city in '92.

Town wide Garage Sale?  My Lord I'd have a nervous breakdown on that one, have to rent a U Haul either that or in Jail if my wife had my stuff for sale in it.  Thinking more on this I'll bet she would.  :rolleyes:

Some welding humor, but I think it would apply to Smithing as well.

Tom finally decided to tie the knot with his longtime girlfriend. One evening, after the honeymoon, he was welding some stuff for fun. His new wife was standing there at the bench watching him. After a long period of silence she finally spoke,
"Honey, I've just been thinking, now that we are married maybe it's time you quit spending all your time out here in the shop. You probably should just consider selling all your welders along with your gun collection.

Tom got a horrified look on his face.

She said, "Darling, what's wrong?"

He replied, "There for a minute you were starting to sound like my ex-wife."

"Ex wife!” she screamed, "YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE MARRIED BEFORE!"

Tom replied: "I wasn't."

He replied, "There for a minute you were starting to sound like my ex-wife."

"Ex wife!” she screamed, "YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WERE MARRIED BEFORE!"

Tom replied: "I wasn't."

Good one consider it part of my joke bag. :)

Town wide garage sale eh, how big's the town?

Speaking of welder joke, I'd have to weld the doors on the shop and connex or Deb would be selling MY stuff. <shudder>

Frosty The Lucky.

A While ago I was at a rummage sale and saw a small rusty toolbox for sale. It was one of those small ones about the size of a lunch box. I was not really interested in the toolbox itself but I picked it up to look at it because it had a price tag of $10 on it but was something you'd normally see for 25 cents or so. I thought maybe it had something nice inside, but it was empty. Turns out a guy's wife wanted him to get rid of it but it was his old tackle box and he didn't want to get rid of it. He had marked it up so high so it wouldn't sell. When I picked it up she saw me looking at it she came over and told me to just take it and make it disappear before her husband came back from running some errands! I told her I wasn't really interested in it and I didn't reel right about her scamming her hubby but she informed me that if I didn't take it was going to end up in the trash before he got home! I took it to save it from the landfill and now my little niece has a tackle box.

Remember If your wife/girlfriend complains about some of your junk and she wants it gone she might not even sell it. It might just disappear when you are gone.

A While ago I was at a rummage sale and saw a small rusty toolbox for sale. It was one of those small ones about the size of a lunch box. I was not really interested in the toolbox itself but I picked it up to look at it because it had a price tag of $10 on it but was something you'd normally see for 25 cents or so. I thought maybe it had something nice inside, but it was empty. Turns out a guy's wife wanted him to get rid of it but it was his old tackle box and he didn't want to get rid of it. He had marked it up so high so it wouldn't sell. When I picked it up she saw me looking at it she came over and told me to just take it and make it disappear before her husband came back from running some errands! I told her I wasn't really interested in it and I didn't reel right about her scamming her hubby but she informed me that if I didn't take it was going to end up in the trash before he got home! I took it to save it from the landfill and now my little niece has a tackle box.

Remember If your wife/girlfriend complains about some of your junk and she wants it gone she might not even sell it. It might just disappear when you are gone.

He should get rid of the wife not the box

Göte

Speaking of welder joke, I'd have to weld the doors on the shop and connex or Deb would be selling MY stuff. <shudder>

Frosty The Lucky.

I have had it for real. We were erecting a factory in the old DDR and there was a gang of Bulgar thugs in the neighborhood who would steal anything. The security guys were afraid of them. We had all tools in a container and welded it shut in the evening and cut it up again in the morning. Welder and angle grinder were kept in one of the cars.

Göte 

It was so cute & fluffy. I had to bring it home.

BOB_HAMMER_1_opt.jpg

Are you referring to the man or the machine…or did they come as pair? :)

Both look equally useful!

Alan

The apocryphal tale of the £5 three month old E Type Jaguar comes to mind. A bloke saw an advert in the local paper for a E Type for £5, thought it was a misprint but telephoned to get the story. A woman answered the phone and said it was a genuine sale. Her husband had recently died and named her as executor of his estate. His Will said his Mistress should receive the proceeds of the sale of his new Jaguar….ouch!

Alan

Welcome aboard Shade seeker, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the IFI gang live within visiting distance.

50# LG? Good for you, I'm a serious proponent of rescues. A rescue never forgets you  know.

Frosty The Lucky.

Welcome aboard Shade seeker, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the IFI gang live within visiting distance.

50# LG? Good for you, I'm a serious proponent of rescues. A rescue never forgets you  know.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty, I updated my header. It's a 100 pounder. She might need a little lipstick, but she runs great. I got to use her before buying.