I Forge Iron

Happy National curmudgeon's day, belated

LeeJustice

Scott, I like the idea! Lol 

Jerry, I don’t think we need to have a throw down necessarily!!!! 

Most of y’all curmudgeons have already had to many accidents in the past we don’t need to see y’all hurt yourselves again!

I think Scotts poll idea is safer!

We can see who the biggest curmudgeon is by popular vote! Lol 

the winner could get a crusty rusty rail spike with his or hers initials stamped in it! 

then the next year the spike will be mailed to the next winner and have the new reigning curmudgeons initials stamped into it ect… 

the spike should last for a few decades before there’s no more room to stamp initials on it anymore! 

the reigning curmudgeon would be responsible for guarding the spike for the year until it’s time to pass it on! lol 

Sticks and stones Billy. If you suggested we actually got together and duked it out we'd probably insist on you as ref. and . .  . Eh HEM. We could take turns poling you like a baby fur seal. Now there's an idea that has appeal, I don't need to be busting my  knuckles up on anything hard.

Lastly, are you seriously suggesting a popular vote? :huh: POPULAR?! How'd that work, the curmudgeon with the most votes loses? There'd be tens of thousands of IFI members with ZERO votes in first place for the win! 

I'm going back to watching Curling, it doesn't make my head hurt.

Frosty The Lucky.

On 2/6/2022 at 3:07 PM, Frosty said:

Uh . . . Scott, are you issuing a challenge for the most curmudgeonly members to have a throw down? 

Now Jerry, would I stoop so low as to stir that pot just for my own personal enjoyment?  :)

Robert:

Watson:  Muddy waters, eh, Holmes?

Holmes:  Too muddy. As if someone were constantly stirring them up.

Watson:  Why should they stir them up?

Holmes:  To confuse.  There's intelligence behind this business, Watson. Cold, calculating, ruthless intelligence.  :ph34r:

Billy:  It would have to be a magical crusty rusty rail spike that could talk back with silly aggravating questions that make no sense whatsoever.  It would be required to be carried at all times as well.

On 2/6/2022 at 4:18 PM, Frosty said:

Sticks and stones Billy. If you suggested we actually got together and duked it out we'd probably insist on you as ref

Jerry,

there’s crusty ol curmudgeons here locally, that have duked it out on the feed store loading dock, 

it didn’t end well for either of them…

after seeing that and then reading on here about all the stuff y’all old hands done went through 

I think its safe to say no curmudgeon on ifi needs to duke it out! 

Y’all all done got to wore out to be doin that! 

I still think it’s safer to vote, but….. if you insist an can find an opponent, I will travel out to ref a curmudgeon fight!

Should I bring rocking chairs and iced tea so y’all can rest in between rounds? 

On 2/6/2022 at 7:41 PM, ThomasPowers said:

Some of us already have custom T shirts we can wear!

Thomas, if I can ever get out there to the desert an visit, you’ll have to show me the shirt! 

Scott, that’s a good idea!

It would be best to mail the yearly reining curmudgeon a railroad spike that asks incessant questions about making a giant 20 pound sword from rebar using a benzomatic torch and used motor oil quench In two hours! 

then argue with the reining curmudgeon about how it’s supposed to be done! :lol:

Glen, have you got a copy of the graphic for those shirts online you could post?

TW; don't bring a rocking chair; bring a flat bed and we can check out their shops whilst they are engaging in a bit of shillelagh law!  "Pre-emptive estate sales"...Shoot their "Partners" might chip in gas money to get the place cleaned up/out...

I for one have no issues being give the title curmudgeon or in sharing the title; on IFI it tends to refer to folks with decades of smithing experience that continue to answer the same old questions for new smiths that have been answered hundreds if not thousands of time before here.  My Opinion:  If we get a bit short at times it's because we are a bit put off by the folks with lots of years in front of them, (we hope), thinking that the folks with a looming deadline should spend their time spoon feeding them stuff that a fast web search would turn up hundreds of hits on this site.   (Or folks getting upset when we won't share dangerous information with people who do NOT seemed inclined to do things in a well researched and thought out way!  We don't want to share our scars and ER/A&E trips with newcomers!)

• 1 month later...