I Forge Iron

Frankenbucket

Scott NC

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex does look like someone might get his rubber chicken alright. Does it have a squeak?

Now, as promised, "Ruben and the Rubber Roni."

I have a friend I met in Elementary school name of Ruben and one thing he was know for was a high energy metabolism. Until I moved to Alaska in 72 he could eat two, jumbo beef and been combo deluxe burritos faster than any of us could eat a couple tacos. Ruben lived about a block down the road from us and heck most of my friends lived within a mile or so. We were always eating at each other's house.

One Saturday we were at out house so it was my job to make lunch. I made a giant size batch of mac and cheese. Seriously, we were teen agers, 17 or so and each of us could eat a package of mac and cheese apiece, EASY. A few days earlier I'd cut up some surgical tubing with scissors into macaroni size pieces. I'd coiled a length in a large soup bowl to measure before cutting, a generous Ruben size serving.

That afternoon I mixed the Rubber Roni into a large helping of cheese sauce. I didn't notice but some got mixed in with the mac and cheese the rest of us were having. Rod, Marty, Jim, Ralph and I, ate lunch while Ruben's power shoveled his and I waited for the reaction.

Part way through, Rod I think made a face and spit a piece of tubing into his spoon and gave me a LOOK. We all started eating more carefully and sure enough all of us had Rubber Roni in our mac and cheese. 

Ruben finished his as fast as he ate anything and never noticed a thing except what was left over n the pot and finished that off too at our nods. Just another typical lunch with Ruben.

Ahhhh, good times.

Frosty The Lucky.

Jerry, that reminds me of a guy I watched eat a cube of pool que chalk.  I can't tell that story here tho.  

Iron dragon, I recall seeing Axle, his scrap metal counterpart and an unhappy squirrel on here somewhere before....:)  Good ol Axle!

I hear you Scott, I have stories I couldn't tell here too. <shudder>

So, does Axle squawk his chicken slowly or quickly? When Deb and I got married we adopted a large indeterminate shaggy shepherd mix called Isaac. His favorite toy was a orange tiger with a squeaker. A loud squeaker, it was a large toy. He was a great dog and when we told him to stop squeak squeak squeak squeaking the toy he'd stop but pout. We didn't have to yell or punish him but he didn't like not getting to squeak his tiger.

Soooo, he'd start squeaking it, we'd tell him to stop and he'd sit in front of us with it in his mouth with a hang dog expression and when that didn't work after a couple tries he'd sit there with it in his mouth and s l o w l y squeeze it and after a few seconds s l o w l y relax wait a few seconds and repeat. sqeeeeeeeeek . . . squawwwwwwwk until we took it away from him. 

I loved that dog, a real character and scary smart. Excellent back up.

Frosty The Lucky.

20220420_141610_HDR_compress3.thumb.jpg.f24f43beb5af74b3e19f79fb226d864a.jpg

Just to show progress, I decided to make a larger than life, entire frankenstien sculpture.  I found an old wheel barrow castaway for the body.  I figure I'll cut the rusted section out to show it's innards....:ph34r:  I'm talking to a contractor about a shop but shortage this and that, I'm on a long waiting list. 

When the natural nuclear reaction in Africa was discovered it pretty well shot down the argument that nuclear power is "unnatural" because it produces elements and isotopes that do no occur in nature.  I had heard that nuclear power was "ungodly" because of that.

That said, I don't think I would have wanted to be close to an outcrop that "hot" when it was actually working.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

About natural nuclear reactors, the one in Africa was the only one known that was close enough to the surface to be observed and studied. 

Nuclear reaction is what is keeping Earth's core molten. No?

My answer to the nuclear reactors are unnatural nonsense is, "Then explain the sun."

Frosty The Lucky.