I Forge Iron

Frankenbucket

Scott NC

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pouring with excitement. 

Uh oh, well I hope I dont start a pun-valanche. Might want to tie on a rope, it might get deep. 

Looking forward to seeing it.

Makes me think of Buckethead. Tho I don't really follow him he is a talented musician. 

Worst case scenario I've seen them at Lowe's hardware in the paint supplies isle. I know you'd prefer a junky old scrap one tho.  

I've got nice old metal buckets at estate auctions that I certainly wouldn't use for scrap art. They are good old and thick. They don't make em like they used to.  

It Lives! it LIVES!!

So many buckets! working under a leaky roof will do that. And when they die, either by rust or dropping a big chunk of clinker in your favorite quench bucket, the pinhole leaks were sneaky, they do service as coal buckets, clinker buckets etc. My best beer can bucket rusted out the bottom years ago and is lined with hardware cloth, to avoid a puddle of old beer dripping from the cans.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:17 AM, Daswulf said:

I know you'd prefer a junky old scrap one tho.  

Now, what made you say that?  Lol....  I checked out Lowe's and some other places but it's not right.  There's a shop down the road that repairs locomotives and I may check there.  Maybe they have some old grease or spike buckets laying around.  Maybe I'll put in a job application while I'm there.  My scrounging skills have gotten rusty....

It so happens I know where there is one sitting on a pallet.  The cool part is it's broken and is missing about 1/4 of the wheel.  I have been meaning to stop in and ask about it, must be a story behind it.  Too big and heavey for my current situation, but back home I would have figured out some way to get them to part with it.  Yard art!

31 minutes ago, Nodebt said:

Too big and heavey for my current situation

Aww come on!

We’ve all hauled something ridiculously heavy home at one time or another! Lol, 

i think you should go for it Scott!

An then mount your mailbox on it! B)

ive got some big engine valves that came out of an old alco locomotive that I just use for shop decoration, I’d love to have a piston and rod to go with them, 

but train wheel would be even better! 

Oh no, you misunderstand.  If I had to I could drag it home with a chain.  I was thinking more of my neighbors reactions, now that I have some.  New Guy on the block and all.  

3 hours ago, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

ive got some big engine valves that came out of an old alco locomotive that I just use for shop decoration, I’d love to have a piston and rod to go with them

How about the whole shebang, crank, cam and all?  Set it up on posts in your front yard.  Heck mabey you could even make it all turn and operate on wind power or something.  (I'm not knowledgable on diesel engines, maybe they dont even have camshafts, Idk.... :))