• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made some blade guides for the vertical bandsaw, mounted the drive pulley on the motor (which required a long fruitless search for a piece of 1/4” key stock that I swear I saw over the weekend and eventually giving up and making one from some 1/4” square bar, which took two minutes), mounted the blade, and tensioned and tracked it. 

F7E8A6E0-C5DF-47DF-A20A-7EB3B3CBD5C1.jpeg

Test cut on 1” square, and we are good to go!

06AD47D1-BA00-495E-89CF-EA1F25C4D394.jpeg

Cleaned up my forge today. Have an idea to build some forges or atleast forge pots. Trying out my latest forge pot, it worked perfectly. Forged a bottle opener with only a forge pot full of fuel. New forge pot worked great. 

Bottom photo is my forge pot after 7years.

Glad I made the table from stainless and replaced the grate once in that time. 

20210113_232211.thumb.jpg.7081081b9efc70cc47fb49489752680c.jpg

20210113_223325.thumb.jpg.1968a7171112bedd12c190e9ffa5d4ab.jpg

20210113_232404.thumb.jpg.190794ca59b6c7333443632a22837e55.jpg

20210113_232135.thumb.jpg.60462c216c106b99dc620b82dfca3b83.jpg

Yay, backordered angle grinder is on it's way from Harbor freight and will be here tomorrow.

OTOH, the wind kicked up and managed to pretty much rip my back storm door off of it's hinges.  Not a great start to today.  Got it removed so it can't do any damage to the house or shatter the glass.  Since I work from home it's less of a big deal than it could have been, but now I'm all wrong footed.  I even forgot to make coffee....

Espresso laced with spoonfuls Tobasco?:o I don't know what to say and that's saying something!

I mean sure, I'm getting mental images of habanero demitasse cups and ghost pepper tea. You still got me with that one, I don't think I've ever had a bad morning!

Frosty The Lucky.

I'm concerned.  I get the espresso, but with tabasco?!?!  That sounds like what causes bad days, not a method of coping with them.  Espresso and then eggs with tabasco on them, that I get.

I have now had coffee.  The chances of nearby idiots surviving the day has increased dramatically.

Drinking my first mug of strong tea.  Expresso with Tabasco, (to hide the taste?)  Do we need to plan a socially distanced intervention?

One of my friends offered to stop by the Mom&Pop store that stocks the teas I like, loose leaf!   Well he bought me 300 teabags so I'm going through them, 4 a day.  At least we didn't have to do the 80 mile each way trip and cut our contacts down just to him and he's trying to keep us safe.  We were sort of  local support when he was in college down here.

Chimaera, I'm not bothered by the restriction. I'm just lucky I get to borrow space for what I pay to live here. I was just complaining to mess with you :P The chopsaw also throws sparks. Eventually the projects will move along and I'll get to throw sparks.

Also, spoonfuls of tabasco? Yikes! 

I've got my first grad classes of the semester today so I'm breaking out the good tea.

Thomas, do you use a tea ball? My daughter picked mine out of the drawer one day and had no clue as to what its use was. 

Espresso and Tabasco? I have had tequila with tobasco, that made for a painful morning and it was the morning i met the VPOTUS (Gore). I was looking and feeling my best that is for sure. I got woke up about 1/2 before we were to leave, in a latrine between the two stalls.  

Interesting note, the city of Baton Rouge, the name translates to red stick. A baton rouge is a red stick that is used in the tobasco fields to judge when a pepper is ripe. 

Tequila and Tabasco was a fun one to serve when I was bartending.  It was called a West Texas Prairie Fire We could light it on fire by carefully heating a spoonful of the booze with a lighter.  then serve to a bunch of cowboys ready for a night on the town.  I confess I took a small amount of amusement when one guy singed his glorious moustache.  He was a horrible tipper. 

The other fun part was a sort of russian roulette for them.  One guy in the group would get extra tabasco.  Hard to spot in the poor light of the bar.  Watch 4 cowboys take shots, and one of them ends up spluttering.  then they would ask for another round.

35 minutes ago, BillyBones said:

Interesting note, the city of Baton Rouge, the name translates to red stick. A baton rouge is a red stick that is used in the tobasco fields to judge when a pepper is ripe. 

Although in this case, the place name derived from a Native American boundary marker, as described by André-Joseph Pénicaut in 1723:

“From there [Manchacq] we went five leagues higher and found very high banks called écorts in that region, and in savage called Istrouma which means red stick [bâton rouge], as at this place there is a post painted red that the savages (sic) have sunk there to mark the land line between the two nations, namely: the land of the Bayagoulas which they were leaving and the land of another nation—thirty leagues upstream from the baton rouge—named the Oumas.”