I Forge Iron

Signs /Pictures in your shop

Opening Times

Open weekdays when I get round to it,

possibly about 9 or 10,

may be earlier, sometimes later, or not at all.

I close about 5 or 6 or when the fancy takes me

Sometimes earlier and sometimes later

When I’m not here I’m somewhere else,

but when I am here

I’d sometime rather not be

Recently I’ve been here a lot of the time,

except when I’m somewhere else,

but I should be here then too!

YOU COULD CHECK FIRST BY MOBILE PHONE IF I HAD ONE WITH ME

Looked all over my little corner of the world..... and I don't have any signs.  I thought I'd have one or two, but the only thing that qualifies is my little sticker I made.  It's card stock stamped with the shop name, and I have three of them glued to various things around the shop.

I really need to get some cool signage up!

IMG_5449.thumb.JPG.ca98e5eecc3c6caf433c957d11078129.JPG

Well Lou, your wife either just restricted you from using the shop (just joking :D I couldn't resist) or she thinks highly of you!

And I don't have any signs in my shop, but I saw one in a rental store one time I thought was funny - "When I die, I'd like to go peacefully in my sleep just like my Grampa did.
Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."

He could bounce back and forth between the house and the shop!

I used to have a poster of a black and white armour but the wind destroyed it. Now the only sign I have is a tin Bender "A sober robot can't do his job, he relies on your beer!  Work while Bent."

most of this stuff is printed out and hung on the sheet metal walls with magnets, along with an ever changing collection of printouts of things I am making or aspire to make, or  am inspired to try to make. 18_guerin.thumb.jpg.55c4a678f1fd109a650bf2c9ef5980cb.jpg

99033.jpg

a_anvil_bibliodyssey.jpg

NkEgA.jpg

whitakerquote.jpg

Detlefsensmith.jpg

BlossfeltPumpkin.jpg

2 hours ago, JHCC said:

And yet, you allow me in....

Your humility is only outpaced by your ability to feign humility!

Anyone who can maintain a grasp on an ancient language long after their study of it has their wits about them.  My Attic Greek faded...

• 6 months later...

I'm up in Rochester NY area for Thanksgiving weekend with my loves family. Not much play time. But Elizabeths father took me to check out a local metal artists place and this was on the wall of his shop. 

I like it. 

Also got some cool ideas from what he had hanging around. Unfortunately he was busy and I didn't get to talk with him other than an introduction. 

20181124_114541.jpg

20181124_113628.jpg

Awesome Vaughn. Wish I'd have had more chance to talk with him but it didn't happen. (This trip). 

Anyone on the way back to PA on the way?. I do have a full small car and infant to get home but might be able to stop by. 

Oh do I miss my forge. Been 4 days now.