• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whiskey (red nose), Moonshine (black and white), John Stuart Mill (grey tabby), and Aristotle (orange tabby). I wanted to name Aristotle Jeremy Bentham, but my wife said I couldn't have two utilitarians in the house at the same time. Joke's on her, JSM is a perfectly catty cat, and mostly only maximizes his own personal happiness.

Anvilblock 3.jpg

Whiskey.jpg

Anvilblock 2.jpg

JSM.jpg

Lovebirds.jpg

I gave Baxter his anti-anxiety pill with dinner so he was okay with the fireworks and you'd better believe we see LOTS. We live maybe 2000' from a gravel pit that's a local launch site. 

Freki looks comatose Jo, how much cheese did you give him/er? (I'd truly hate to misgender your dog!:o) I didn't think Freki could be satisfied.

Frosty The Lucky.

Anvil, I'm sorry to hear of your best friend's passing.  I'm sure he will be waiting for you at the far end of the Rainbow Bridge, wagging his tail and asking if you brought treats and telling you that you and he are about to go on cool adventures together.

Although sad news, it is good to hear from you.  I hope everything is OK.

Yours,

George

You have my deepest condolences Anvil, I wish it weren't so hard to say goodbye, I've been there more times than I can count. On the other hand I expect to be mobbed by my past pets at the Rainbow Bridge. You and I can sit down together, meet each others critters and heck roll in the grass and play on their level.

Be well Brother, I'll help you cry.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks guys, really miss her. Had another encounter yesterday. One of her deals was to pick up on peoples emotions and draw them to her, give them a massive dose of love and send them away smiling. Sometime a 8 or 10 a day at the grocery store, coffee shop, etc etc. She was a service animal just naturally and VA prescribed did her job. I never interfered with her and others, she just was doing what comes natural. My VA hospital is a couple hundred miles away across some beautiful Colorado high country to Grand Junction., Then I do a round trip back thru Moab, Utah. We were in a small town called Montecello(take a left at the light and head east another 100 miles or so to home,,,) Its the last pit stop on the round trip. I walked up to pay for my sweet roll and coffee and the young lady cashier asked,," Don't you have a lil white dog named Tigger?" "Yup i answered and she said she used to wait on us at Dennys in Cortez and really missed her. I told her she passed in August and she gave me a hug and a shoulder full of tears. That lil dog had friends everywhere, far more than me. They all knew her by name and me as "that guy with the lil white dog named Tigger" Dang, There I was in the middle of the Utah desert, 40 miles or so from the Colorado border, and another 60 or so to get home. A wonderful moment and memory

That sure sounds like Abby, she was drawn to people in distress and fixed them. She'd walk up to someone, dragging Deb if necessary and usually just rest her head on or against them and draw off the pain. You could feel the distress ease and go away just standing near her and her current patient.

She brought me back from where the TBI sent me the same way. 

It's hard to write about her without feeling the loss deeply. We miss her so. We ease our feelings with stories about Abby that were glimpses of divinity.

Frosty The Lucky.

Anvil, if it is in your area of interest there is a really good Anasazi museum in Montecello.  IIRC it is just west of town on a hill.  Definitely worth a stop if you have time.

After reading about Frosty's stories about them I regret that I will never meet Abbey and Libby on this side of the Rainbow Bridge.  Now, additionally, I miss Tigger even though I never met her.  More regrettable with you because without the @!*% covid we would have almost certainly down your way a few years ago and would have been able to meet both you and Tigger.  Grrrr.

George