I Forge Iron

You've got my attention I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Those hands almost creep me out they represent living hands so well. You put such a strong sense of life in your work it's just . . . Oh I don't know what. I love it all.

Frosty The Lucky.

Andrew.   Sew, now you have me sitting on pins and needles waiting to see how you stich all these parts together, to make another masterpiece. You truly touch the fabric of my soul.  Well done sir              Dave

Now, now. That is just flannel...

But I agree, seams a nice job.

Alan

Hi Andrew,

Was wondering what you've been up to. Those hands are amazing. Harrow points perhaps? I like how you made the sewing machine. That looks like a bottle jack in the middle. I always find lots to look at in your creations. 

I haven't done much junk art for a while - too busy with ordinary forged stuff for the tourists.

Without embroidering the thread too much, I think that the visual puns and the humour are central to Andrews work.

The educational value is brilliant. A great dialogue. For anybody who mucks around with machinery they can find an "in" into art and sculpture by recognising the components. And for non practical / non mechanically minded people it gives an insight in to the beauties inherent in the built and manufactured environment…great precedents from Arcimboldo through Julio Gonzalez, Picasso and David Smith.

I find Andrew's mastery of the medium, and his ability to capture the spirit and character of the subject is a joy to behold.

Ha! I bet my pretentious waffle had you all in stitches!

Alan

Andrew you're work Seams to be coming along beautifully !!! a stitch / piece @ a time 

it is Amazing how you sew in the pieces to make a Master piece of Art  :rolleyes:

you're Great form of the piece of work go's FAR past any others I have ever  seen anywhere !  

= WOW !!!  is an understatement  but can't think of anything else to say

Steve