I Forge Iron

Thank you everyone!!!!!!   Ausfire : This time I used "Penetrol" and applied it BEFORE I allowed the metal to go rusty.

Daswulf:    Think of your sculpture as  comprising 100 small  sculptures. FOCUS only on the(small) sculpture you are working on . So to build a  set of hands you need fingers and each finger needs 3 joints and the end of each of the last joint of each finger has a different size nail which must be separately made. Don't save any of your "good"bits of scrap for another sculpture. make each of your small sculptures the best you can using your best bits THEN when you assemble all your small sculptures into....... one experiment with different poses. something will jump out at you when you do this and it will be something you did not consider . Try this method you will be amazed at the result!

"Private Collector"  reminds me that one of the members of this forum , who has passed on, had a commission from Disney.  He provided the signage and hardware for the front doors etc for one of their Shops at Disney world.  They had a provision in the contract that he could not advertise his work for them or tell others about it.  

I hope that scrapartoz 's private collector will pass on recognition of his talent to a wide world of public and Private collectors.

Each of those is amazing and they are even better together.  So many great ideas to steal.  Maybe given Picasso's comment about how good artist copy and great artist steal I should limit myself to just saying I'm going to copy.

Thank you Charlotte and phabib for those kind words . We all do the best we can given time , money & recourses . I also am guilty of looking and learning (yes it is stealing) at other artists ideas . this is not too big a crime as it drives achievement upwards . Don't rest on your laurels  you wont be at the top  too long before someone nocks you off!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...