I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing gems and pearls

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, seldom (dick renker) said:

I once worked for a college in maint. dept.. They never had time to do it right but plenty of time to do it over and over.:P

Sounds like a GVT job to me.

Thanks for the good hearty laugh John, "Poindextrose" is now a part of Frosty's extensive vocabulary! Isn't the other one "Quenchtosterone"?

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

Solid fuel forges are just holes in the ground at a more comfortable height. Sure folk get fancy and make the holes out of steel, cast iron, brick or stone masonry, field stone and mud, adobe or whatever but at heart it's just a fire place. All it does is hold a fire and allow you to direct a controlled volume of air into the fuel. Frosty the Lucky

• 2 weeks later...

IForgeIron is not the safety police, YOU ARE !! We do not give safety tests, life does. Fortunately many of the tests are not pass fail, but the test results can be more permanent than tattoos.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, annealarmstrong said:

Forging iron is easier than forging friendships.

Anneal Armstrong

True enough.  Bringing someone up to welding heat and smacking him with a hammer rarely results in a lasting friendship.

1 minute ago, Buzzkill said:

True enough.  Bringing someone up to welding heat and smacking him with a hammer rarely results in a lasting friendship.

True but you don't get return complaints either.

Frosty The Lucky.