• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

May I suggest pinning the cap on, a postvise is an impact tool and so over time the cap might work it's way off, a couple of small pins will keep it in place. Drill a couple of  small holes through the cap but  *NOT* all the way through to the interior of the screwbox but into the outside a ways then insert a small rod---perhaps brass and brad it in place.

If it works loose I will use a set screw but it's tight enough for now.

For those that love old Jeep's This one followed me home from a Sheriff's auction around '89 or '90. It's all restored mechanically and pretty much original with the exception of being converted to 12 volt and street lights. I added the pto winch.

33y2l2q.jpg

6nr04z.jpg

21d1j61.jpg

Thanks for the pictures.  I love old jeeps.  I really like the paint on it. Haven't seen a rear pto winch like that. Looks like a fun one to drive. 

The pto winch is a very old Ramsey, something like 10 ton if I remember. It is fun to drive, although being Korean war era it's geared really low. Top speed on the hwy is 45 mph but in low four wheel it will climb a rough barked tree.:D

It's a 1953 M38A1 Willy's Overland Jeep.

Dad used to have a '42 Willy's. He had since he was 15, brought it back from my Granny's place,and sat in the driveway for a while. He then realized how much there was to do and what little time he had to work on it, mom said it had to go, so well obviously you know what happened. Now he's trying to bring back to our place an old 50's flat bed international.:)

.                                                                                           Littleblacksmith 

Actually the tub on jeeps. I have a few vin plates and titles from a few in my mini jeep scrapyard. Closest old one I have to road worthy is my 66 cj5. But I have titles for a 77 and an 83. Also have a fun no vin off-road only named fubar that was a mud racer I the 80s but needs a t14 tranny rebuild. Man was that sucker fun.