• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of the links do appear to have crossbars, so I suppose it could be anchor chain. 

Speaking of which, I just ran across the following, from the glossary on the website of a New Zealand chain supplier:

Break Force
This is the load at which the chain will fail. It is found from representative testing. It is quite possible the chain will exceed that number but by how much no one knows so don't try to find out, that would be dangerous and stupid.

Yes. While the piece is at a black heat, rub the lump over the surface so that it melts and covers the entire surface. Buff with a cloth as it cools. Do not allow it to cool completely before you buff it, as this will leave a coat that is too thick, lumpy, and soft. If the wax smokes, the piece is still too hot. Think hot cup of coffee hot.

I’ve recently discovered a local welding supply place that — unlike the two larger places nearby — is open on Saturday mornings. Went by this morning to get a fresh cylinder of O2 (for about 20% less than Airgas), and this little out-of-certification tank followed me home as well:

A62A3294-F8F8-4AE6-93F1-D9A31A31B33B.jpeg

The guy there says I can basically have any out-of-cert tanks I want, no charge. Guess I know where I’m shopping from now on. 

Rojo, that's the countershaft for my Wards lathe.  I shipped it and a South Bend from Ne to Nc.  The lunatics at the moving company stood the South Bend upright on the gearbox cover.  It's a miracle it didn't break it.  I guess I got lucky because the only thing that got destroyed was my favorite 2'x3' framed picture from 1910 of a steam engine and gleaner that crashed through a bridge.  It was pretty cool, all the locals were standing around on the wreckage drinking beer, gawking at the destruction.  I have the newspaper clipping and original photo from it.  Nobody died....:)

Roadside find. 
I hit a chicken this morning. No idea why it was crossing the road, but when I turned around to go pick it up I saw this out in the ditch. No houses nearby to claim it so I grabbed it. 
Don’t know what it’s lined with. Almost looks like someone’s attempt at a forge actually, but no holes in it. 

Unfortunately, the chicken wasn’t salvageable. 

075FACDF-B7DA-4F1A-8520-38FDFE02B873.thumb.jpeg.6888e34d71528e060c98f2affc9d9a53.jpeg

Oh boy you did it now, cant wait to see the responses to why the chicken was crossing the road. 

Used to see a lot of chickens on the side of the road between Denham Springs and Hamond on 12. They would come flying out of the trucks hauling them. Most of them did not make it to the other side either. 

I once worked in NW AR with a guy who ended up missing a couple of days because a chicken hauler had turned over near his Mother's place and filled the woods with fowl.

They packed their freezers solid and boy was he happy to get back to work that didn't involve fowl language whilst processing live chickens!