• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check with a trim carpenter; see if any rental places rent the small battery powered saws.

Spanky, I used to get scrap from an ornamental iron company and they would tack weld the ends of an array of stock to be able to stick it under their big saw to cut them all to a common length.  The pipe and sq tubing ones drops made interesting tool racks...

12 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

quote removed.

Ohhh, tool rack, why didn’t I think of that?  Steak grill might have to wait.  

Das, I’m gonna msg you about those blades.  Thanks for looking through your stock!   I don’t know anyone in construction, but the few construction sites I’ve passed seem to be using the larger saws.  I think the smaller are marketed to the likes of me, the homeowner needing portability, ease of use over power.

Got this axe for free from a house in the village, it is hand forged and has no stamps, probably by one of the village smiths long, long ago also also good chance one of my relatives.

Thankfully though it is rusty the axe have been inside this whole time and is in good shape.

pardon the mess and the rushed photos, im moving on Saturday so im packing.

1.thumb.jpg.6751d19db3a51e202fb1fc8a9bd2a070.jpg4.thumb.jpg.1ea97d01f6a7de2039b27ee2b595f053.jpg5.thumb.jpg.990db6491a50532845ef72154342a3fa.jpg2.thumb.jpg.8e8f208171838ed39ebe37484345fc0e.jpg3.thumb.jpg.2c33bc3d35fbff9264795e068eb7c38d.jpg

23 hours ago, VaughnT said:

Honestly, that looks like a ready-made window grille for keeping the burglars out.  Even with keeping the spikes in place, it wouldn't take much to forge some mounting brackets and have something that folks could buy for the home.

Face the spikes outwards. Sure they won't keep a thief from breaking the window but no reason they should be able to reach in without a little arm pit modification.

Nice score.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hey Spanky- you might try your local Habitat 'Restore'. My local always has lotsa rusty stuff for sculpture or tools. I've gotten round and straight saw blades, wrenches, chisels, sockets, etc etc. Dirt cheap pricing, too. Worth a shot.

Steve

well I've been pretty busy lately and haven't been able to get on here as much as I would like.. this isn't blacksmith related .. but, It did follow me home last weekend … after some persuasion of coarse, after sitting for 26 years about two miles deep in the woods !!  this is a Aero-Craft JCC ( JCC stands for Junior Cabin Cruiser )  built between 1947-1954 about 30 miles from where I live .. complete restoration is in its near future ...

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG

detorit river boat 3.jpg

100_1495[1].jpg

thanks guys !! I probably won't get much done on her yet this year.. I have it stored for the winter at a marina that was close to where I picked her up at.. and my overtime will be coming up soon and last through December .. but at least its now mine.. I bought a newer more road worthy trailer for her and what to switch it out in the next couple weeks ad tarp her up for the winter ( even thought it has sat in the weather this way for the last 26 years or more !! ) upon searching info on this vessel I do believe that little old trailer is her original factory trailer from new !! this has changed things a bit.. it was destoned for the scrap pile … but now its going to get a face lift and keep with her, if only to take her to some boat shows on it..  

21 hours ago, SpankySmith said:

A good deal?  I'd say that's a GREAT deal!

Thanks Spanky, I have never even been in the market for a post vice so I had no idea what one was worth.  But I figured I've spent more money on less useful things so I might as well.  Then I noticed some old typewriters in the store and asked if they would be interested in a couple more.  I like the barter system!

Hey yall, hope everyone is doin good. 

Thought yall may get a kick out of my new "anvil". I was putting a shift kit into a trans at work the other day. There is a hole in the separator plate that you block off with an aluminium rivet by mashing it flat with a hammer. The instructions said to "use the provided anvil". Well here it is:

20180815_162246.thumb.jpg.7a359a332de44bfae62f452623397cd3.jpg

And now that i see a boat i have to show this off. It followed me and my dad home about 3 weeks ago. 

_storage_emulated_0_Android_data_com_sec.imsservice_files_received_files_20180731_184549171_resized.thumb.jpeg.5132f802e0f7f7d65bb12f87f2688924.jpeg

'66 302 with a 5 spd standard. We traded straight up for our '67 Biscayne, 350 w/ TH 350 rev. manual. We traded our '69 Nova SS 454 w/ TH 400 pro street for it. Sorry no pics of that one. but here is the '67:

20180304_144826.thumb.jpg.bec7dc7e91d0dff8e25e143ce72dbe7f.jpg

thanks guys !! I can't wait till spring to start the clean up process and restoration on this old boat.. and today this very nice all original unmolested 40hp 1957 Mercury Mark 55 motor followed me home and is now patiently awaiting its new home on the back of this old boat once its all done , polished , and pretty again .. !!

s-l1600[1] (13).jpg