• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daswulf, yes you could call that a broom loom. To be honest, I do not know the proper name. I have been calling it a broom tying spindle or a kick winder. I built it without any plans after watching a few broom making youtube videos.

Les, those handles on your hatchets are stunning. Tiger maple?

11 hours ago, Mothman_c3w said:

Tiger maple

Mothman, That is the best looking broom I have ever seen. The tomahawk handles are curly maple.

Das, thanks for the compliment, your work and advise, along with many others on this site, has given me the ability to be able to learn this craft and to be able to complete my projects.

Just finished up a poker, half inch square stock, forge welded end

I wanted to try out this new mystery coal I drug home a few weeks ago forge welding and it did pretty good,

It got it hot enough I shot molten metal and flux everywhere, burned my hand, shouted language the clergy don’t know and dropped the hammer in the middle of welding it…so I guess it will work out good! lol

it is taking me some getting used to it doesn’t burn like my other stuff, produces ash and more clinker, and it’s not sticky when it starts to coke, it won’t make a volcano/cave, but it gets hot an will weld! 

D5CFA997-ECA7-4E5B-BF25-CB709071102B.thumb.jpeg.89db03f178e09db2bf2a5a89753986b2.jpeg

5 minutes ago, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

shouted language the clergy don’t know

Oh, they know it — they just don’t use it (or they don’t use it in public).

5 minutes ago, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

dropped the hammer in the middle of welding

It’s called a “drop the tongs” weld!

Looks good. The challenge on a poker like this is not over-thinning the unwelded section just above the weld, and it looks like you did a decent job with that. Very nice twist, too

Thank you all for the positive feedback.

We got started fairly early for Sunday.  

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_0933.JPG

Then we moved to some San Mia. But we used a cutoff from a box of junk from (Vegas Forge) 5 lb. box for our core. We need to fold next weekend and stack with 15N20 in the middle for a little pop. (left the cutoff - right at San Mia 1095 mix)

IMG_0932.JPG

And tongs and fat shop dogs.

IMG_0931.JPG

IMG_0930.JPG

Wow that's an Awesome spatula.