I Forge Iron

Coronavirus 2020

Marc1

Mr. Virusds,

You bring up an interesting point concerning skunk weed.

Hopefully none of us has had to resort to using it.

The anti-inflammatory, diphenhydramine is used for such itching. (it is available without prescription at the drugstore

There is no shortage of toilet paper. The problem is to get it from the manufacturer to the stores.

If any of us is caught with no toilet paper and cannot get out, they can use a rage or face cloth. After use, discard it or put it in a separate laundry "bag".

Thorough hand washing is required after this performance.

In other words

using leaves should not be necessary.

I hope that helps,

SLAG.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, SLAG said:

If any of us is caught with no toilet paper and cannot get out, they can use a rage [emphasis added] or face cloth. <<<snip>>>

SLAG, think you could expand a bit more on how to use rage in lieu of toilet paper? Because I have lots of rage and using it for personal hygiene would be awesome.

Heh. Just having some fun with typos. That is a particularly amusing one, SLAG. 

If anyone is like us and out in the country, you feel kind of cut off from all this stuff. We only know things by reading or the news, which I am very selective about. Haven't been anywhere to spend money except to Subway to get a salad last night. They have a sign asking that if you'd like a refill, to ask for another cup. I have noticed a decrease in traffic the last couple of days. That doesn't bother me at all because there is so much traffic nowadays that it feels more like the city sometimes. I guess more folks are staying home

Surgery department called this morning to tell me to sequester........because of my "advanced age" and compromised immune system due to surgery.  Said I should hunker down for at least another two weeks if I could until the peak infection period is supposed to pass.  (how do they know that?)  Any way, I'm already bored to death.  Not much I can do with the weight restriction from the surgery.  Forge isn't up and running yet.  I still think much of the panic is caused by media hype and I resent it.  I'm going to rummage through my scrap pile and see if I can find enough angle iron to make a hammer and tong rack...........though I don't think I have.

Hope everyone is staying safe.  Learn to bump elbows and not shake hands if you do have to socialize! :rolleyes:

The Vulcan "Live long and prosper" salute is also a good option.

7 minutes ago, Chris C said:

until the peak infection period is supposed to pass.  (how do they know that?) 

There are two things that they can predict with some degree of accuracy (or at least within reasonable parameters): (1) the period within which a particular individual is most likely to develop the disease after possible exposure, and (2) how quickly the disease will spread within a population, based on infection rate, ease of transmission, etc, etc. The former is fairly easy to calculate, but the latter gets a lot more complicated, since it has a lot of variables.

Sorry you're stuck at home Chris. But you take care of yourself. I don't get out much anyway, so it's normal life for me. They are telling people to stop hoarding on the news today so that's good. I still have TP and paper towels. I hope there's some when we need it. ;)

Well, I'm sick of sitting here not being able to do anything.  I'm not a person who can sit still for very long.  Checked my scrap bin and don't have enough material to make a hammer and tong rack.  Think I'll drive to the Special Metals Warehouse and pick up some.  They only have two employees and usually no-one is there, so my chances of exposure and low.........as long as I don't do something stupid like licking the door pull or something! :o  Who does stuff like that???  Well, I guess there are "those" who keep proving there really are people stupid enough to do stuff like that! 

35 minutes ago, SLAG said:

Mr. Ohio,

Woops apologies are in order.

"rage"  is a typo. I should have typed rags.

SLAG.

It's Ms., SLAG. And no apologies necessary. I knew what ya meant. I was just giving you a hard time because I never make yptos.

(I also chortled when I read it, so thanks for that.)

Hey, Steve, that's a really good idea.  Do you know any?  I'm 74 years old and live out in the country.  I haven't talked with a High School student in at least the last 15 years when I dated a gal who had a son who was in High School.

I told my wife what you suggested.  She just laughed and asked if I really wanted a teenager to be delivering materials here at the house who wasn't worried about this virus because it wasn't affecting them as much as we older folks?  "Nothing like having 'carriers' as delivery boys" she said.  Why are wives so often right?????  I'll just sequester and end up being bored to death.  Guess that's no worse than dying from the virus. :D  But when this is all over, I'm going to put in some stock for projects, that's for sure.

Chris: Call the high school and ask about a couple strong young bucks with a vehicle. Have the propane place put it on your account and the boys can stand it up in your shop. Leave the agreed upon amount in an envelope. When you go out hit the tank with spray lysol and you're reasonably isolated. Heck you don't even need to talk to them from less than shouting distance. 

Well played on Slag's ptoy Ohio! I do so love a good straight line and it's nice to see I have backup if I'm out shopping or . . . using TP. 

Things in the local stores are calming down but shelves were so stripped it's taking longer to get them restocked from the warehouse out back. Trucks are delivering but it's taking longer than usual. We'e still seeing some sillyness but folks are scared and doing something even if it isn't rational is better than doing nothing.

Frosty The Lucky.

Propane shop is "pay as you go", so no account.  But that's a good idea, Frosty.  I'm in no rush.  I've a couple of smaller cylinders on my camping trailer if I want to get going.  I'll probably be released from weight restriction in the next week or two and that will be far sooner than this Boomer-remover-virus thing has passed, so I might just pirate those to get started. 

Yup, you are indeed, Frosty.  All the students in my class are also.  You don't think much about it until the gooberment says something about "the elderly need to realize they are at the most risk with this virus".  Them be concernin' words!!!  :lol:  Especially if your health is already compromised. 

But I'm HARDLY elderly Chris! Well that sure beats "middle aged" ughhh. I take my Mother's approach to age, she refused to be middle age, she was young till she got old shortly after which she passed away. She was elderly for maybe two years mid 80s. 

We're just going to sit here in the forest all by our lonesomes and let things run their course. Some of Deb's students have canceled class this week though Deb has spacing figured out nicely. Some dogs are space sensitive so the owner wears a red bandana so nobody forgets and the proper stand off distance is 10'. So spacing is good and it's normal for the folk she's teaching. 

Deb's not elderly either! Don't make me tell her YOU said she is!

Frosty The Lucky.