I Forge Iron

Newest Possible Smith

tjdaggett

Frosty requested pictures of our new apprentice smith. My wife gave her stamp of approval, so here they are. I'm not sure yet how I feel about putting my child's name on the internet, so for now we'll call her little bean.

FAQ:

- She's about two months and three weeks old.

- She is our first.

- We'd like four more.

- She was 7 lb. 15 oz. when born, 20" long, and possessed great big feet and hands.

- She held her head up 10 minutes after arrival. I was holding her at the time and I freaked out a bit (safely).

- For now, she looks like me.

- I plan to have her smithing by age twelve, maybe earlier.

20191031_081745.jpg

Message_1572127734507.jpg

20190906_060518.jpg

She's gorgeous! Little Bean Daggett is an excellent web handle. Oh MY those ARE big hands and feet! Better start doing neck exercises early on or looking up all the time will give you cricks in your neck.

Thanks, we believe can the new daughter story. Well done.

Frosty The Lucky.

Both my daughters pulled my beard before they were an hour old in this world. 7#15oz   is not a small wonder---though my wife told me that our first daughter at 9 pounds was a bit excessive...

Have you found one of the old "cobbler's bench" toys where you hammer wooden pegs from one side to the other?  Hammer control is NEVER too early to learn---well my youngest daughter with the 4 boys kept telling me I could not give them  4 oz ballpeen at two years old---I've got a rack of them in the shop!

One thanks giving when we had most of the kids & grandkids together I ran the Parents through some smithing and gave the kids miniature anvils and no lead solder and the small hammers to play with.

Congratulations! She's a beautiful baby. 

My daughter is a year and a half now, Where does the time go!?  And we have another on the way. Enjoy every little bit of her growing up, it seems to happen fast lol. Be sure to help mom out where/when you can. 

At a year and a half in, my shop is still not quite a safe place for our Gooby, but she is very interested in it. She sees my Wile e coyote with his anvil up on a shelf and makes her dog panting noise lol. ( she doesn't say dog yet but will say kitty). 

The oldest Daughter of my oldest stepchild is going to college. Our youngest Daughter has 4 sons.  Before you know your kids will be sending you brochures for the "Fast Turn Around Acres" old folks home...(All my kids inherited my sense of humour!)

Congratulations for accepting the longest and hardest job there is, 24x7 for the rest of your life!  May it be the greatest job you ever have! (And my your kids and grandkids brag about how well you did it!)

• 2 weeks later...

Y'all are sweet. IDFC, thank you forthe wooden anvil idea. I now have a design in mind.

Crazy Goat Lady, you can visit anytime. 

P.S. My goat was named Cloud. She was half Nubian and half Saanen, complete with Flying Nun ears. I named her kids Nimbus and Lenny (lenticular). I miss them.

Well, my goats tend to behave more like dogs, so your little one could enjoy them when she gets older

Such a beautiful baby and a great blessing. Some friends of ours had their first baby yesterday morning. I was kind of shocked to get these pictures of a baby because she was not due until sometime in early January. But she and mom are just fine. Sorry, I love babies. I miss having one around sometimes. ^_^

No; unfortunately some folks tend to get bogged down in teenager hood.

I am surprised at how many boys actually survive it to become men though.  It sure seems like I was going for a Darwinian downcheck at times!

To my credit I have raised 4 kids to be good self supporting adults; though one called my wife lately and begged her to remove "the Mother's Curse" from her. (May you grow up to have kids just like you were!)

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:47 PM, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

The problem with babies is they grow up to become teenagers.

Just don't let 'em grow up to be cowboys - least that's what I've heard. LOL

Beautiful baby TJ. Enjoy every sleepless moment, and the sleeping ones too; they do grow up fast. Mine are 19 and 15 now.

My little guy is now 28 and 6'1".  I keep wondering what happened to that little boy I used to carry around on my shoulders.

One thing to keep in mind is that grandparents and grandchildren get on so well because they share a common enemy.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."