I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

G'Day all , Ok , after a " quick " talk with Glenn it looks like the Saturday nites feed gonna be a BBQ this yr .

After my " stuff up " with the spit last yr ( ave practiced cookin' with the spit since then & every meal thats been cooked on it's been a winner ) i'm " not " puttin' me hand up ta do any of the cookin' , so who's up for the job ?

Also had ppl askin' if we're gonna ave'a forgin' project this yr , any ideas on what ta make / who's gonna run it ect ?

Gonna need those PM's / e-mail's from youse ifin youse is comin' ppl . Need an idea of ow much food ta get for BBQ .

Dale Russell

Phil , " gas " ... Glenn already has 1 of my BBQ's ( the 1 he's usin' at the house ) i plan on bringing up another 1 ( & leave it for next yr )
Plus i'll ave my spit ( yes i can actually use it now ) & a smoker ( Yum Yum )

Should be enough .

BTW , only got " 1 " reply sayin' theys comin' .. need ta know ppl

Dale Russell

Hey Dale, we-is-a-comin! Speaking of BBQ equipment, I was cutting up some rusty ship's plate today (formerly 3/8" thick), do ya want some? Has good coating of paint, so should add some flavour to cooking!
fem_smith, don't worry too much about gear, there is usually plenty to go 'round.
AndrewOC

hi fellows sounds like its all happening , an ye we could do a group thing and this year there will be tools for sale, tongs, hardy tool, tell us your hardy size,, sledges, and others , also just ask an i should be able to make ,
also i hope to have some new anvils forsale as well
let me know through this contact
moony

Yes please Moony. I still don't have a good pair of tongs.

Also, are you still thinking of building some form of long house, or barracks for visitors?
If so, then I would put forward making a start on it as the group project. Make all the nails, hardware for doors and windows and tools.
Like a log long house. I noticed you had a few power poles laying on your front yard last time I was there. If you could get hold of a few more we could knock one up.
Your choice of establishment of course. Just keen to show my appreciation for what you offer to everyone here. What do you think?

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

Well it is probably time I throw my 2 cents in.

First up, subject to Glenn and Dales approval, I can run a 1/2 day forge build workshop, Gas forge naturally, I could do a basic kit forge including everything you need to build a working forge. Cost would be around $200 (materials only I won't be charging time naturally).

I can provide a huge BBQ suitable for cooking for large groups of people (we have cooked for over 200 people on one of them), and gas to run it.

Anything else I can do to help just let me know.

Regards