I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

Well blokes / shelias , tis just 9 days .
Hope youse all ave everything ready ta load & the Esky's cleaned out from last yr .

Can some 1 take photos so i ave at least a reminder of the things i did please ? ... ;)

See youse all at Glenn's , remember enterance is via Jinglemoney Rd this yr

Dale Russell

Too many! :)

Sorry I didn't say goodbye Phil, I didn't realise you were on your way when I saw you in town. Thanks for the invite to your smithy, but I was so stuffed with the man flu that was going round I thought it best not to stop & maybe pass it on.
I had a great time, learned loads & made new friends. Bring on Get Hammered 2012!
And seeing as it'll be the fifth one, I think we should do something special. Anyone got an idea or 2?

Phil , about 50 weeks ( maybe )

Matt , thanks for the cold mate , really needed it .... NOT !

As for somethin' " special & ideas " , more frontin' up would be " nice " . From 39 last yr ta 17 this yr is a bit of a let down

Still gotta talk the MOON MAN inta lettin' us ave another 1 , mite need more then just me naggin' in his ear about it ;)

Anyway , was a good time had by all , pity i stuffed up the feed Saturday nite , not puttin' me hand up ta do that again ... :(

Hopefully Nick will bung up some of the vids he took over the weekend , the last 1 with MOONY , Andrew O'C , Nick & Jim makin' a 10 kg/ 22 lb ball swage under MOON'S press came out GREAT

Not sure if any 1 got pictures / vid of Phil makin' handled punches under MOONY'S 55 kg / 1 ctw Anyang , sure made it look easy

Lot's of other stuff bein' made either on the 9 kg / 20 lb or 15 kg / 33 lb Anyangs , the 10 station forge with 1/2 doz anvils around it got a big workout too .

Gotta thank Jim for bringin' his gasser down for us ta look at / play with as well

Dale Russell

Mate I think Corin had it first? Although who knows where it came from? Certainly hit hard & fast. I spent all Tues & most of yesterday in bed, myself. Hope you & other victims got off more lightly.
I also hope Nick puts up his vid's, they're much better than mine which cut out half way through the process for some reason.

Cheers fellas! Blame me for the cold! lol
If it makes you feel any better I am still crook

Anyhow Just want to say thanks to everyone for a great time. The boy and I learnt a lot, and came away with some fantastic ideas. I will definitely be staying longer if it is a go for next year, and I am thinking seriously about running a gas forge building workshop next time. If it is OK with Moony. If it goes ahead I will provide all materials at cost (including refractory, burner and gas components,) That might pull some numbers for you Dale. Maybe if there is enough demand we should not wait till next year and do something sooner, heck I am keen if you are.

I took some pictures, here are a few...

PA293347.jpg

PA293346.jpg

PA293342.jpg

PA293341.jpg

PA293340.jpg

PA293338.jpg

PA293337.jpg

PA293335.jpg

PA293333.jpg

DSCN1299.jpg

DSCN1305.jpg

DSCN1298.jpg

Corin , maybe we could talk Phil / Forgemaster inta lettin' us hold a weekend at Newie , i'm sure he's got almost as much toy's .. i mean tools ect as MOONY does :)
What say you Phil , can youse handle a bunch out us " hobbyist " playin' around in your shop for a weekend ?

Dale Russell

BTW Corin , thanks for " not " gettin' me in any of your pictures , wouldn't wanna make any 1 sick .. ;)

If it is forge and burners we will be doing we can most probably use my shop here at work. Heaps of burners to play with, Plasma cutter and Mig and any amount of cleaned out gas cylinders of all shapes and sizes to use as forge bodies. All gas equipment available including custom hoses. Western Sydney (Auburn). Nothing for forging though, so if its forging your want to do, Phil's will be better.

No worries re the photo's as I was mostly taking pictures of people working I somehow missed you..... ;)