I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

Dale

My wife has booked the old flour mill. Will have a new addition to the family in August and roughing it just won't be on the cards. But I will have a few tinnies....and then a few more.
I do have a question about Moony's. Has there been any more talk about planned activities this year?

Adam

Dale.

I was thinking a group project maybe. Get everyone involved. No bloody idea really of what it would be just putting it out there.

Oh and is there still interest in going to Phils in New Castle? It was posted as an idea one or two pages back but nothing since.

Adam

Ian , no idea where your hearin' the rumours from but who ever it tellin' you the info is " wrong " .

Moony & i are the ppl you need ta talk ta about Get HAMMERED , as far as i concerned it's still the same concept as it's always been .

Wanna point the person ta me & i'll set em straight ... :)

Woody , bring enough $ with you & i'm sure Glenn will sell you a Anyang self contained hammer mate ... :)

BTW ppl , if your havin' trouble arrangin' rides , this is the place to start sortin' it out . I'll help as much as i can , with hookin' ppl up / maybe 1 lucky person a lift " shared costs " ( only room in front of ute for 2 )

Need anymore info ask here or PM me ..

Dale Russell

Thanks for clearing that up Dale, I really look forward to "Get Hammered" and seeing the blokes. I also appreciate Glenn opening up his place for us and letting us use his equipment and learning from his experience. So it's all systems go for 3 great days in October :)

Cheers Ian

I'm not saying a thing.

Tried to add to this 2 days ago but the internet gods prevented me, anyhow
From past experience it will take place at 11.30pm on the friday night of hammered after about 7 of us have eaten 15 pizzas and drunk 10 cartons of beer and moonie has run into the shed at least twice with the truck.

And yes woody that is Richard Coumbe , so he was a guiding light to you earlier in your career (we won't hold that against you though).

Phil

I'm still open for a do at my workshop before Moonies too if anyones interested. We'd need to organise dates etc but it can be arranged. There is plenty of room for camping and hot and cold showers, with real dunnies (not the short drop)
Ian R have you ever been paid for any blacksmithing, if so I reckon that qualifies you as a prof anyway. Not that I would out myself as a prof I'm just an unwashed metalbasher meself.

Denise, I'm pretty sure you can fly Townsville to Coolangatta. Or you can fly Townsville to Brisbane.
Cooly is local to me, ie about 15 mins drive. Brisbane's about an hour.
If the cost of flights makes it viable to car pool from here I can collect you from either. And as you know there's a spare bed here if you need / want it.
Matt

Phil, I'd love to attend a meet at your smithy, although my wife might not agree it's a good idea! ;)

Phil I know there are a few of our members would love to come to your shop for a hammer in, if you do put it on please don't make it in march as it would seem every organisation going has something on then. Cheers John.

Andrew Oc has his ttt blacksmiths day at Sydney Maritime Museum on the 24th of June so that date is out. I am looking at sometime in July maybe. I'll have to check the calendar now and check with the war office too.

Phil