I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

• 1 month later...

G'Day all

Just a reminder Get HAMMERED is only 10 weeks away .

If your coming & ain't told either MOONY or myself now is the time .

Remember to bring all your camping gear .

: Food for all meals except Saturday nite

: " Dunny paper "

: A project you wanna work on ( MOONY may ave some stock kickin' around but ask before you go hackin' inta that nice big bundle of steel he just had delivered for a job )

: And most importantly " BEER "

So far we ave bout 15 IFI members coming

Dale Russell

Sorry guys, Its been a while.

I still have Moony's booked firm in the calendar.

I am still happy to run a forge session if
a) If the organizers still want me too,
B) there is enough interest from those attending.

I can make a presentation that is a simple discussion session and demonstration, or a full blown forge building workshop where I supply everything required to build a forge.

If you want the latter option send me an expression of interest via PM and I will see what I can arrange by way of a bulk buy of all materials to keep the costs down.

I bought a new anvil that i can actually lift and will bring my tools this time so looking forward to it.

Corin the gas forge building workshop is a great idea, I would be interested in taking part in anything that you propose. I have around 20 different designs but typically none of them have come off. Currently using a two burner NC whispher momma, keen to learn all the in's and out of different models.

Corin the gas forge building workshop is a great idea, I would be interested in taking part in anything that you propose. I have around 20 different designs but typically none of them have come off. Currently using a two burner NC whispher momma, keen to learn all the in's and out of different models.

Send me some pictures of what you have and what the issues were and maybe we can get some of the rejects working? Anyhow looks like its on.!

• 2 weeks later...

G'Day all ,

Just a reminder that Get HAMMERED is " 6 " weeks away .

If your coming & ain't let either MOONY or myself know now is the time , gotta know numbers so we'll ave enough tucker for Saturday nite

Lee , it's pretty much " free form forgin' " . The second yr i brought up some stainless steel to do some leaves & branches for the " tree project " other then that no . If u've a idea would be happy to hear it .
Corin is gonna do a lesson on Gas Forge construction i think .

Dale Russell

• 2 weeks later...

well it happening all again get hammerd mohammod if you like [ phill] an 55 days till lee arrives wow where has the year gone we all have a good time remember your saftey gear glassess ear muff an gloves an boots an apron if u got one
i lokk forwar to us all having a good time
an this year i have some heavy steel 230mm thick to forge under the press so we can hsave a go at more anvils an other tools
an i will have a oil furnace running an corin will have hies gas information
an i have some kawoll to make a gasser
so lets all GET HAMMERED [ MOHAMMAD ]AS PHILL SAYS
LOOK FORAWRD TO A GOOD TIME
moony

5 days till lee arrives

Lee I think it's forge as you wish but i will give some tongs making and Phol is also got someIdears as well, but I wnat to forge some larger sculptures under the press. PRESS

G'Day all ,

John , $ 50.00 , covers fuel for forges / gennie & feed Saturday nite

Bring extra , as there mite be some auction items up for grabs

Dale Russell

P.S . . I'm on a mates puter , mine are shot , meanin' i wont be able to check on this thread as much . If you ave any questions , PM me & i'll get back to you when i can