I Forge Iron

Get " HAMMERED " at MOONY'S

Richard , yes it would ... Tar Bloke

Phil , i know i look like a " dill " but even after killin' off millions of brain cells with beer i can still follow orders & not ave ta be shown things twice ;)

Matt , you can't change jobs , u've a " young " family ta look after now .. :)

Dale Russell

I reckon as an appy I could probably earn similar to what I'm on now, once you take O/T into account! lol

But I also reckon Phil's right. Experience (mostly others') has taught me that - as a general rule - although youngsters need more hand holding at first, if they're any use they'll be easier to deal with over the long term than someone who thinks their previous experience means they're smart enough to do things their way.
I'm lucky at present, my adult apprentice is pretty blimmin' good.

Richard , yes it would ... Tar Bloke

Phil , i know i look like a " dill " but even after killin' off millions of brain cells with beer i can still follow orders & not ave ta be shown things twice ;)

Matt , you can't change jobs , u've a " young " family ta look after now .. :)

Dale Russell

Dale I never said that you looked like a dill, I said you were a "dill". Looking and being are 2 different things my son.

Phil

Dale I never said that you looked like a dill, I said you were a "dill". Looking and being are 2 different things my son.

Phil

Phil ,

Thank's mate , thats the kindest thing u've ever said about me .... :)

Dale

P.S ... BTW mate , i'm not the 1 with the first name that sounds like " Dill " ..... ;)

• 1 month later...

G'Day all you AUSSIE'S

Just another reminder about Get HAMMERED at MOONY'S this yr

28 th , 29 th & 30 th of October

Braidwood NSW

Cost this yr is $ 50.00 per person
This covers all the fuel ( forges / genny ) & a slap up feed on the Saturday nite

Remember to bring tucker for all other meals , your tools ( you wont need them all ) , camping gear , any project you want to work on ( bring steel , but MOONY will have extra if you run out ) , " Dunny paper "& most importantly BEER ... ;)

Entry this yr is via Jinglemoney rd ( the rd before MOONY'S place )
Camping is down by the river this yr ( hopefully it'll be warm & we can go swimming )

Have about 20 names on list so far saying yes & approx 8 " maybe's "
Need to know if your coming no later then the 16 th of October so we can cater for the feed Saturday nite
Contact me via either PM on site or chopperdale@hotkey.net.au so i can bang your name on the list / or have any question

Dale Russell

P.S. if any 1 has anything they'd like to dontate for auction this yr please contact me .
I'm putting up some Wrought Iron bar so we have 1 item up already

Phil , yes to the corrobaree site

Glenn is bringing the 9 & 15 KG hammers down .

All other hammer work means a trip up the hill to the workshop

Spoke with Glenn , he's got no room in shop to house 20 - 30 - 40 ppl
The other site is already set up with the 10 station forge / cooking area / tables ect , seems a bit silly dragin' it all the way back up to the shop & not have any room to put it ( mite be time for MOONY to ave'a clean out of the shop ) :)

I'll make sure MOONY has fuel in the Saracen Scout Car for you to drive up the hill mate , seeing i'm still not able to swing a hammer i could run every 1 up & down the hill, been hangin' ta drive that beast , plus it's too far to walk ( & steep )

Dale Russell

If you don't own a Saracen, you need a Land Rover for that trip! Lucky I happen to have one. ;) Mind you, a lift in the old APC would be fun. :)

Phil, I hear what you're saying but I do see Dale & Moony's point. Other than the lack of BIG hammers, and the likelihood of the corroboree site being colder as it's lower down it is better set up for large groups.

Dale, what's the cover like at the corroboree site now? The one BIG issue is if it tips down, Moony's smithy is a good place to escape the weather.

Matt , the forging area has a roof over it .

Cooking & dinning area is either covered with tin or tarp .
Glenn has 2 more big tarps we can use & i'll bring my 20' shipping container tarp ( can wrap the whole container ) as well

BTW , i forgot ta mention this in earlier posts ... WAG's ( wives and girlfriends ) are most welcome

Dale Russell

P.S Matt , i'd rather be down at corroboree site if it starts raining / is cold .
It's on the river flats & not out in the open like MOONY'S shed ( & 1 million times less wet mud / clay to contend with )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all ye it on again GET HAMMERED we are going to have it his year down by the river sorry , but the shop is now so full i could not fit 8 people in with all things about , i will take down the 9 kg 15kg and i am trying to arrange to take down a 1cwt alldays and onion and as well we can come up to my main shop and play a bit about but it will be crowded if we all stay in there , well its only 2 months till it on and i am still building these gates for the school but its happening , and should be all done soon could any who is looking at attending please let me know by email ,springandhammer@hotmail.com, thanks to all, it a real pleasure to have all of you, who are interested in blacksmithing
as dale said this year a $50-00 for the fuel and steel and the saturday dinner ,
WELL
GET HAMMERED ITS ON AGAIN HOPE TO SEE YOU AND TO HIT SOME STEEL
MOONY

Hey Guys
i've had a bit of puta problems due I think to my kids clicking on things they should not have, things are still not OK with my puta but the dragon has bought this new one, so if I use this one I can get IF. Really looking forward to hammered this year.

hi phill no worries i an looking at taking the alldays as well i am geting another genny a smaller one than i use for the big hammer it should be about 20kva 3phase deisel , i will have it in a trailer and its going to be my little one at the shed and spare[ tyer] . no more petrol 7kva that want run much it to small, and its petrol , and no 3phase, it will be on bio deisel , i found them about 6grand new , its anther cost but thats life ,alsi i found a pump for my large press 1500 liters per minute at 320 bar with a 50hp motor so that will make it go lol faster i hope ,but i worry about the pump its been out in weather with no cover si it had better be cheap or i think i will get soming like it new but its a hi cost any way i will look in to it its in SA , BUT Iwill see if they can proof it, ok, then good
when are the north blacksmiths coming down i will try to get up
glenn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...