I Forge Iron

Just a photo.

alexandr

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great sun rises and sets at our latitude aren't they Alex? The sun takes her sweet time near the horizon unlike farther south where it plunges suddenly. 

I love your photo tours of towns, cities and country side. Thanks.

Frosty The Lucky.

A nice tarp and they make good tables for lawn parties, the fence is a good way to keep the children on their side of the table. ;) 

Everybody I knew growing up had a ping pong table and used them as serving tables rather than to play table tennis. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Nice photos Alex, it looks familiar. Fishing towns tend to look alike don't they? Thanks for the pics, they bring back memories.

At one time I thought living in a boat house would be nice but it'd have to be seaworthy so I could move at will. I even thought it'd be really cool to buy an ocean going barge and build on it. I could have a 2 story house, garage, driveway shop, lawn, etc. and if weather got too nasty it'd have an enormous basement to ride it out. It was a fun idea to play with but practical life is where I live.

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Fishing towns tend to look alike don't they?

Hi Jer! 

City for vacationers.  Pensioners and fishermen including.  Before covid, 80 percent of the tourists were from Russia, mostly from St. Petersburg.  The border is only 30 km away.

IMG_20220819_200201.jpg

IMG_20220819_192023.jpg

IMG_20220819_190050.jpg

On 8/19/2022 at 11:12 PM, Frosty said:

You have some upscale places to relax, maybe someday

This is a different country.  And unfortunately the border is closed not only from our side.  Finns restrict entry into their country.  Before covid, I went there several times a year.After the start of the war, driving became much more difficult.

• 3 weeks later...
Beekeeping is a hobby for me. I collect honey for myself, if something remains, I sell it. I throw away the wax. To sell it, I need to buy additional equipment. Most importantly, it is not enough time. There is a good saying "chasing two hares, you will not catch one". ( за двумя зайцами погонишься, ни одного не поймаешь)

This season I took more than 100 liters of honey.

44 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Do you make mead? 

No, I don't. Sometimes I make wine from blackcurrant.

7 minutes ago, M.J.Lampert said:

alexandre do you leave your honey raw or pasteurize it

I'm just pouring into the banks. Honey keeps well. At temperatures above 40 Celsius, all the beneficial properties of honey disappear.

IMG_20220913_101735.jpg

IMG_20220913_101726.jpg

yes i know some places here pasteurize their honey will others leave it raw. Raw honey is much better for one and helps the immune system. Here the cheapest supplier for honey is now at 4.50 CAD a lb (translate to roughly 600 ruble a liter) of raw honey with many between 5.00 and 6.00 CAD

My mother buys 2 20 liter buckets a year for baking, and canning as we react to white sugar

Edited by M.J.Lampert
punctuation... I must punctuate