I Forge Iron

Please help me identify the manufacturer

I would leave it for now.  You can still wedge hardy tools in it. Although an offset hardy may work better.

You can (without modification) still use the hole for drifting and punching.  

It is a bit of an eye sore, but still has uses.

• 3 months later...

Reviving old post! Its alive!

i found another anvil, this one with a functional hardy and pritchel, my other anvil lost its tail to previous owner and even though they tried repairing it, its not quite the same, because has no real hardy or pritchel, and the tail is completely dead, any ways i might get this one soon, still trying to negotiate. Any ideas on who the maker is?

i though it might be french.

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

No idea of the manufacturer Zeap but if it has good rebound and you can get it for a reasonable price I'd jump on it. I'm not one of the guys who really know anvils but I don't recall seeing one with a shoulder on both horns like that one has. I'm more used to seeing double horn anvils without a shoulder at all. That shape is making me think it was made for a purpose other than general forging. Of course I could be wrong, I'm used to it.

Frosty The Lucky. 

On 12/14/2017 at 10:21 PM, Frosty said:

I don't recall seeing one with a shoulder on both horns like that one has. I'm more used to seeing double horn anvils without a shoulder at all.

They're relatively common on ebay in the UK so I'd hazard a guess at it being English, simply because there aren't that many imported anvils in the UK as we had so many home grown manufacturers. I know where there is an identical one rusting away in someone's garden about 50' from the sea.

• 2 weeks later...