I Forge Iron

vulture

Another great creation there, Das. I like the swing of the neck, and the grasscutter point makes a superb beak. The bearing shells work well too.  Is that a slotted spoon on his head? And does the spring work or did you weld it up?

Das, what I really enjoy about your creations (and Ausfire's too) is when I take a second and third look, I always seem to find some new detail I missed the last time through. Like the dozen butter knives used as the underside feathers. Love your creativity and execution, and looking forward to seeing the completed armor-dillo.

3 hours ago, ausfire said:

Is that a slotted spoon on his head? And does the spring work or did you weld it up?

That Is a slotted spoon on his head. :) 

I had to carefully weld 2 bolts into the spring for the neck to get the curve and as a better welding point to the body and head but the center section is free and his head bobs around freely. 

Thanks for the compliments. :) 

this one started out with seeing the head. Once I found the spring and saw how his head would be able to move I was hooked. Lol. 

Another one! I like the  direction and degree of your warpage Das. I love art that rewards you with cool things for looking closer and closer like JME said. Discovering familiar items making up recognizable objects is always cool, very cool.

I'll be watching for the armadillo and later pieces. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks tC, Frosty.  I agree with that, I enjoy looking deeper into things as well to find all the little hidden pieces that make it up. This one is a little more simple in my mind but I guess there are some different things hiding out. I always enjoy seeing how things come together and rooting around for the "right" pieces.  On this guy I like watching his head bob around. And I'm real tempted to put him on my porch ledge and see if he scares anyone. :) 

Thanks guys. 

I was aiming towards it looking alarmed and guarding itself in a way. kind of on alert. it was the most menacing pose I could think of. I actually tacked the wing base on backwards at first. no idea why it looked right to me at the time. I ended up cutting them off and was about to bend them in the forge until I realized they worked just right reversed and set right. 

027.JPG

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:04 AM, Daswulf said:

I should have mentioned that was a before picture of how I had the wings on wrong. 

That's why we tack weld first, eh Das? :rolleyes:

Yup Aus, Tacks are good for a look to see if it's right. Tho these were serious tacks and were a pain to cut but that can happen lol.

RLF, Those are really nice designs. That condor must have taken some time with all the twists and how it was assembled. wow.

• 1 month later...